reVOLKS Oct 10th 11th 12th

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by beerdoc, Jul 10, 2014.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont be like that Col. i have a leave pass and on pension, so share is good. i wonder if he will share his grog? oops forgot, i dont drink vinegar.

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

typical. free camp supplied and you winge about the grog.
    next you'll complain he snores :p

actualy , i seem to recall that i shared his campsite last year. :lol:

3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Oh dear Col, you say he snores. Well you havent heard me yet mate. Are you going down this year?

4. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

A. Col u would luv a three way share.....but its not going to happen
    B. Ive now progressed from cask vinegar to bottled wine
    C. Yes col u did share me last year
    D.... its only rumor that I snore......although angie is looking forward to a good night sleep away from me lol

Ok...i will admit....i might snore a little....although my plan is not to sleep until 6am when everybody is sound asleep :)

5. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

A. Col u would luv a three way share.....but its not going to happen
    B. Ive now progressed from cask vinegar to bottled wine
    C. Yes col u did share me last year
    D.... its only rumor that I snore......although angie is looking forward to a good night sleep away from me lol

Ok...i will admit....i might snore a little....although my plan is not to sleep until 6am when everybody is sound asleep :)

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Brian.
    Had been looking at ways to attend this year [as last year was brilliant, would spend most of sat at the gig inland] :)
    unfortunately aint going to happen.

Martin. Much as I hate to dissapoint you. I agree, the 3 way isnt going to happen :p

I note that the whole campsite has been reserved for the event. Good move .
    still might pay to plant JD and tangles far from civilised people tho.

enjoy the weekend guys.

7. coastalkombi77

coastalkombi77 Member

its getting closer yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

8. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Harsh, but fair .........

I will most likely be arriving on the Wednesday for a two day reconnoitre prior to the real event. I shan't be too far away and may have a bottle of red at hand. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  9. micklyan

micklyan Member

C'mon Col would not be the same with out you

10. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Bugger! Clash with event that I cannot evade. May be able to escape Sat evening for a Lorne dash. See what evolves.

11. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Got around to booking a site at last. Looking forward to another great weekend in great company :D 1st time Road Runner will have been out of the garage since Bus Stop.

12. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

As the Golden notes of an early spring slide through my office window, I eased my antiquated ( by another year ) and misfiring body back from the desk and, contemplated the diary for October . The Bard's words of wisdom for, ..... A young man's thoughts in spring turning to flights of fancy..... Momentarily flashed through my soul then quickly replaced with..... A fat fool's folly turning to flights of revolks.....

At that point I realised my folly and I had yet to reserve that precious parcel of earth in the Lorne caravan Park.

Done!!!! The folly has been booked into her spa for a grease and oil change, a titillation of the tappets and a general pampering.

Idle thoughts turn to Thursday afternoon arrival and a Sunday too far away.

The anticipation of once more revelling in the warm company of kindred souls, the nostalgic sentiment generated by BierDoc and his brother at the Saturday night presentation all in the backdrop of beautiful Lorne with a quickening pulse generated by the colourful clattering presence of so many fabulous Kombis travelling up and down the foreshore.

The anticipation tempered by the work to get through between now and then, not to mention the anxiety of arriving safely after 850 km through the Victorian backroads.
    While a young man's thoughts may turn to flights of fancy....... mine are turning to a flight from work, and the opportunity to soar with Kombis's...... see you soon!

JD in Adelaide:cool:

Tickle likes this.
  13. Alpal

Hey JD. A misfiring body is a scary thought!!

14. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Al pal,
    nowhere near as scary as being in my immediate vicinity at time of said misfire and sequelae.. Very pleased that old bar had good weather and was not characterised by those magnificent men in their flying machines, flying into the ferris wheel all performed to the haunting refrain of "... Singing in the rain... Just singing in the rain...".
    Doesn't seem to be a lot of KC cyber traffic in respect of the Victorian piece de resistance hosted by the indefatigable BierDoc and the exquisite Kaye. I have just finished my last piece of work, signed my last bit of mail and heading home to pack for a pre-sparrows ""... In the morning. I am hoping the mushroom herder Tangles is esconced for much rejoicing ( "to rejoice"... Kombi dialect associated with much vin rouge consumption and random bovine manure) Weather forecast looks much the same as previous years i.e. sprinkling showers, intermittent sunshine and mild temperatures with associated party front and mayhem warning for Lorne coastal waters. Looking forward to the BierDocs Flying Circus (...splitties..) and their kalaedioscopc colours. If me and the resurrection should disappear en root, let it be known that my last communication with the outside world was on this forum! Until then.........via con dios. JD in Adelaide:cool:

15. Alpal

What did you say JD??
    Still looking at a Saturday pm run to Lorne. Need a VW fix!

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

we fervently pray that you have no genes similar to an antechinus [well no more than 90% anyway] and therefor do not meet any terminal misfortune 'en route' JD.
    Have a great w/e everyone.

17. Alpal

Antechinus don't wear jeans!

18. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Active Member

Wish I was coming too! Now that Joy goes like the clappers, without fear of bursting into flames (many thanks 1500 king) it would have been an epic journey. I will, however, be guiding young minds toward the end of the school year.... Yes, I know the term has only just started, nine weeks and one day to go! Have a great weekend everybody!

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

mayber they should.And keep them on. Might live longer :)

20. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

We're going down tomorrow morning Al, stay for the night and back Sunday morning