1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP - Harvey James & Steve Prestwich

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GypsyWannabe, Jan 17, 2011.

1. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Harvey James, guitarist extroardinaire with Sherbet and also with the Richard Clapton band on the Great Escape album and tour of 1982, passed away from a long battle with cancer on Saturday night. I guess the Gimme That Guitar benefit gig at the Factory Theatre on Feb 17 (sold out), will now also be a memorial concert. RIP Harvey.

Also, Steve Prestwich, drummer with Cold Chisel, passed away yesterday afternoon, succumbing to a brain tumour. RIP Steve.

I thought 2011 was supposed to be better. :(

"I say don't waste time, these are the best years of our lives" - Richard Clapton

Baz

2. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

And Don van Vliet (Captain Beefheart) the other week :(

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Only read in the paper this am about Harvey and almost at the same time over the news about Steve :cry:

We all hope and pray that the next year will be better than the last but seems they just keep getting worse :umm:

4. benny

benny New Member

very sad to hear about steve prestwich. saw chisels live a couple of time. loved his work. i have a dvd of him playing at the basement, a real blusey set. great stuff. great songwriter too.
    hadn't heard about harvey james. sad times for australian music.

5. Marty

Marty Active Member

R.I.P. So much talent lost. The below song is my all time favourite and written by Steve Prestwich (and the best version I've seen).

[youtube]kLomJ2m3vI4[/youtube]

6. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Really sad for his family as one of his brothers ,Dave, also died 5 months ago.

The above version of When the War is Over, is the best, always gives me goosebumps.

Dave

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011