1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock the 'Cliffe Sunday 26th Oct 08

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by jae, Oct 26, 2008.

1. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

redcliffe

had a great day , lots of nice buses . It;s good to go places with a good play ground for the kids they had a good day too

2. wandering minstrels

wandering minstrels New Member

Let's try this again for the umpteenth time! Either too much rum, or not enough! Said it all before, let's try for the pics!
    [​IMG]

Here are the rest

3. wandering minstrels

wandering minstrels New Member

YAY!!!!! It works!!!!!

4. hilto

hilto New Member

what a great day ... good to see everyone again and to meet new kc'ers .. always good fun, kids had a ball, great pics everyone .. till next time ... :D

5. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Thanks all for a great day.... We are still going at my place....
    Hic !!!!

See you all at the zoo.

Dean

6. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

I'd just like to say, what a fantastic day today was for the QLD/Northern NSW chapter of the Kombi Club. How good was it to have the amount of people (and Kombis!) show up that we did? It was excellent to catch-up with some familiar faces and to also meet some new ones.

For those that didn't make it along, it's a shame 'cause you missed a really good day. Hopefully though we can make that up for you by posting up some pics. ;)

So I guess thanks should be given to a couple of things/people: first and foremost to Kyra for suggesting and organising today's event. As has been said, it ended up being a great spot for us all to congregate; and secondly to everyone that showed up. We really do have a great bunch of people that make up the crew up this way. And it was nice to see a vast majority of you out today.

I can't wait for the Zoo now.

Julian.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  7. HIP13

HIP13 Member

looked like a good day, i did make it down for a short while in the morning but had to run off to work at 11. maybe next time ill try to take the day off..

8. mark78

mark78 Member

Hi all, well my first kc meet went off nicely, met a few people and ogled over your sweet rides. I will have a bus one day i promise! (p.s i was the stumpy one in the black t shirt with the red splitty on it)

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Hi Mark sorry I didnt get a chance to talk to you more but it was hard with so many people to meet and catch up with. I hope you really enjoyed your first KC day out, and one day get to have one of these awsome cars.
    Michelle

10. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

What a great day I had. It was so good to put faces to names. I will never forget the great friendship provided by my Kombi friends. I told quite a few people yesterday that when I get back too the US I will change my forum name to Honorary Aussies. I really feel a kinship because of all of you. Great country, great people, and GREAT weather. Just a side note that by going back now I will go through three winters in a row without a summer!

11. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

What a great day I had. It was so good to put faces to names. I will never forget the great friendship provided by my Kombi friends. I told quite a few people yesterday that when I get back too the US I will change my forum name to Honorary Aussies. I really feel a kinship because of all of you. Great country, great people, and GREAT weather. Just a side note that by going back now I will go through three winters in a row without a summer!

12. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

Was that posted twice for emphasis?
    Looks like a good day was had down there. Maybe one day we will get to one of those meets when we are down in the big smoke?

jono

13. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Well done Kyra + others in arranging the day and picking a great place - man to we pee off some others trying to slide in on our action.:)
    Even got a pic of ZoomZoom in I see.
    As for numbers I got to 40 which included some H20 variants.
    Great to see old friends and meet new ones but as always missed on a few - oh well next time :)

14. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Looks like a great time was had and a good turn up.Thanks for the pics guys :)
    Steve

15. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

No just an itchy trigger finger.:eek:

16. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Awesome awesome day, great venue, plenty of parking, plenty of cover and plenty of great people. Nice to actually get to an event again and catch up, really looking forward to Aus Zoo.

17. Sorry that I didn't get to meet a few more people but after being held up in the morning and not getting there till just before 12 then had to leave to be at Samford by 1 i was basically there for about 30 minutes and had a quick chat with Bert and met a few guys then had to scoot.

Great turnout!!! Would have loved to stay and chat more but this weekend had just too many things on that I had to go to. Anybody get some pics of my bus? i really have none of it lately so to speak as I keep forgetting to take my camera with me LOL.

18. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

looks like a fine kombilicious time was had buy all
    sorry to miss it

19. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Anyone got anymore pics from Sunday??
    Judy

20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thanks Kyz
    And everyone who turned up.