1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky - a slow slow start

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Rocky, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

That's major, mate. Honestly, sorry to hear it and I hope my light hearted silliness is taken in good spirit. You know perfectly well we're all here for you in whatever small and in my case, useless way we can be.

The fact that this ride is your home is not lost on any of us. We know that compounds the issue.

If you want to do some touring on the GOR on your breaks while your machine is off the road, you can borrow mine. Genuine offer.

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:( Sorry to read of Rockys paint problems, I hope you are able to sort it out and have it fixed ASAP...try to keep smiling guys.

BTW Our 'Rocky' is a real gem, naughty but lovable:heart: How's Bear and Molly going?

3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Really sorry to hear that Chris. :( This really scares the you-know-what out of me when it comes to the time when i get Lola resprayed. Rocky is so goregous and it's really disappointing for you to have to go back to square one. It will be worth it though. :)

If you ever need a stand-by Kombi, you know you're welcome to use Lola anytime.

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Intermittent Wipers

Turned out that all fell to pieces, so I bought a new Hella Wiper Delay Switch, then wired it up, only to have it sitting useless on the dash up until now.
    That is until last night, while Kate was cooking up a deicious dinner I pulled off the instrument cluster and got stuck in. Ten minutes later we had intermittent wipers.

Woohoo,
    nice to have a win.
    Chris

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

A hacksaw and a $30 battery drill

Finally sorted Rocky's gear shift.

Removed front linkage section, chopped 7mm off rear end with hacksaw, redrilled locating hole 7mm further forward. Cleaned with needle files and emery. Refitted, Rocky now has a really tight shift.

It is hard to find neutral as there is mo slop now!!!!

Just in time to pull it all apart again!

Woohoo

6. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Any luck with Rocky at Wizard Chris?

Give me a buzz if you want me to ring Scott especially when I have dirt on him ......... ;) ...... but only as a last resort ......... :lol: .............

Cheers
    Brett

7. vinny

vinny Active Member

WOW Chris and Katie, just read this thing from page1 through to the last...
    simply stunning, love everything about it, the chianti red is really growing on me, i think it might be the future colour of Martha?
    pitty about the paint and all, really upsetting, even for me just reading this thread...hope it all works out ok in the end, such an amazing kombi :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a lot of reading mate. Thanks for the boost, have been needing it lately when it comes to Rocky, the paint is a disaster for us, but will never get rid of this bus, has become so much a part of us. Thanks to Rocky I am no longer scared of rust, just scared of painters....

Good luck with Martha mate, was so happy with the Chianti choice also, love it, also for your Devon, it was a colour they used on the Euro vans in the early 70's, so would be true to the brand I guess.

Cheers, Chris

9. vinny

vinny Active Member

haha yeah, had the day off and was bored :lol:- was a good 1 1/2 hours of reading
    but really some great inspiration there...
    sorry to hear about the paint, must be gutted, you put in so much into that bus :(

10. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Back to it...

Ok,
    finally have bitten the bullet, Rocky has battery on charge ready to hit the road and sort out these paint issues...
    Hopefully we will be back and functioning early next year when our lease expires

11. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

That's great news Chris. Good luck with it all :)

12. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I have been a bit washed out as far as kombis go lately, sort of been a bit of a tough time with Rocky, so havent been doing much on here.

BUT Today, Rocky comes home again, this time it should be much more permanently!
    So next leave will be spent putting him back together again, after that we are back on the road!
    SUddenly I feel like I have some energy for all this again....

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Good to hear Chris! Get back behind the wheel and feel the love again.

14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:heart: Excellent....I was only thinking about you both the other day, can you believe it's over a year since you came with me to choose my pound 'pup' Rocky :D

Hope everything is all good this time with your 'Rocky'.

15. max auto

max auto Member

paint problems kinda sound like humidity blisters, is the paint raised in little blisters or pimples ?

16. Necro

Necro Active Member

Go Rocky....:D Methinks you should change his name to Rocky II now...:)

I was excited to get a pic on my phone today of the new paintjob....good luck Chris and Kate...I hope he goes back together smoothly and you finally get to enjoy him again...

Yay Rocky II....:)

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good luck with it guys. Time to start stretching the legs again:)
    Enjoy

cheers
    col

18. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Man I totally know how you feel. But I just went on a one night cruise last week - in the freezing cold - and the love came back real quick! Just one cuppa and one tub of olives in the fridge, one wet dog on the floor. Good times.

19. Necro

Necro Active Member

Dunno about the olives Wes....:eek:

20. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

THanks guys,

Rocky didnt end up making it home yesterday, but he does arrive at around 2pm today! Unfortunately I disappear for a month of work tomorrow, so Rocky will sit patiently and wait a few weeks before we get stuck into it.
    Getting a little excited now.....:D :D :D