1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky - a slow slow start

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Rocky, Sep 23, 2008.

1. greenbay

greenbay New Member

maybe when in newey we could catch up for a beer or two chris

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Or 3 or 4.....

any good at teaching surfing Jay?????

Funny, I hated Tighes Hill Tech when I was there, but looking forward to hanging out in the marine library and hassling the teachers for a few weeks, then the celebration at the end, then the feeling of that final weight gone and the road trip beginning!!!!

3. greenbay

greenbay New Member

probably not after 3 or 4 beers:lol:

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

haha, no worries, beers it is then!!!

Yippeee, I saw the paint colours in 100ml samples this afternoon, very happy with the choicw. bring on the CHIANTI!!!

love it love it love it

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Progress continues on Rocky,

The main body rust is pretty well fixed, work has moved onto the doors, bumpers and pop top. These are nowhere near as bad as the body was, I had a few doors to choose from, so got the best of a pretty poor lot. Pop top had a few cracks which have been glassed up, they have been sanded back, being tidied up now, filled, faired and prepared for paint.

Picked up the back seat this morning, much easier to sit on this one to contemplate the whole process, doesnt try to fall over like the front ones!!!!

I have cleaned up the front end, scraped off 36 years of grime, mud, dirt, paint and rust and got it all looking pretty reasonable, Front calipers are at the brake place being tidied up....... hmmmm, other than that just cleaning and painting under body bits....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Bugger Bugger Bugger

just when things are flying along nicely, Pooh decides to have a dummy spit.

Probably a bit of neglect on my part.

Looks like we have popped the head studs out of the crankcase. Oh well, engine coming out, Recoil those threads and get on with it once again.

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER

7. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Rocky made it to the start of the painting stage, apparently a bit of filling and fairing still to do, not going to make it to Bonny Hills, but progress is good all the same.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

And the colour begins, happy with the way it looks, was dreading choosing a colour I wouldnt like, so very happy with this one!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

wow that looks a deep red Chris ....
    your moving along with this now :)
    Judy

10. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

YAY for progress Chris
    isn't swell seeing the colour on
    good choice btw LOL
    we best not park to close
    what's the name of ur red looks deeper then ours
    dam pooh doesn't on of the VW alway spitt it when the atoher is getting more attention
    hope it is easy to fix

11. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

Very nice Chris. Are you planning a 2 tone outside? I'm starting to see a patten forming in this club (Chris, Glen).:lol:

12. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

great progress chris - a rich lustre off the gun and the metal repairs are AMAZING

13. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks guys,

Judy - yeah, it is deep, I was worried I may have gone too deep but am very very happy with the result...

Kellie - I felt a bit inspired but also a bit worried when I saw how good your bus was looking, so happy our red is deeper, wont feel the need to compare now!!! Ours is Chianti Red.....
    And yes, last time I took Pooh off the road, Rocky had a minor dummy spit, so I guess the bugger is just getting even, it would be fixed by now, but I have been disastrously sick the last 3 days, just coming good now, maybe she will be back on the road tomorrow.

John - Yeah, two tone it is. Pastel white up the top, sort of an off white from the bulge up. Forgot to tell him I want the handbrake black, will have to remember that!!!

Glen - I will be sure to pass that on to Geoff, he will be chuffed I am sure

14. DancingDoonars

Chris, It just dawned on me. The colours you've chosen are the same colours as Rocky Balboa's boxer shorts in the first Rocky movie.:)

15. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Awesome, I am going to have to get that out now, this boy was always named after that guy. I wonder if I can get a Balboa mascot with those shorts. hmmmmmm

16. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Very cool!!

Jealous with the road trip :( but happy for you :)

I love the red and am looking forward to seeing it all on. Will be sweet when it comes together ... never give up

17. whoaNellie

whoaNellie New Member

Wow loving that RED,can't wait to see more pics!!!! :)

18. DancingDoonars

I remembered that piece of trivia because in the movie, Rocky makes a comment to the promoter the night before the fight that the red and white coloures and stripes on his boxers shorts were reversed to the colours they had put on the image of him on the huge banner in the boxing stadium. The comment is ment to tell us that Rocky was more concerned with that than fighting the World Heavyweight Champ the next day.
    Sorry, I grew up with Rocky Balboa;) Nice bus mate:)

19. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

That red looks very nice.
    Are you going for two tone or all red?

20. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Just ordered the new mascot!!!!
    [​IMG]

Two tone, Pastel white above the bulge....