1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky Horror Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Xtra' started by cammokombi, Sep 15, 2008.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Fantastic night out at the Comedy Theatre. Lots of audience participation. Its just a jump to the left and a step to the right. Lets do the time warp again!
    Cammo.

2. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

"But it’s the pelvic thrusts that really drive you insay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ane...."

:D

I'd love to see it actually - I saw a version many years ago with Daniel Abineri in the lead role (And Stuart Wagstaff as the narrator - I got his autograph at the stage door later!) but there was no audience participation.... sounds great! :)

3. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

We're off to see Rocky tomorrow night and are very excited.
    If people do want to see it I recommend not holding back. It's due to play a limited season, as is Billy Elliot at Her Maj. Whereas Wicked should run for ages and the problem there is getting a good seat.

4. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I still regret not seeing Spamalot.... :( so yeah, we'd better get some tickets soon....

5. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

I wont tell you the buttler did it!

I wont say anything about the show to spoil it for you. But I will say there is a big suprize in it! ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Ha Ha!
    Cammo

6. rayngie

rayngie New Member

Rocky Horror is brilliant, best thing to come out of NZ in my opinion ( except mac's gold lager )

I saw it years ago when ex NZ Prime Minister Rob Muldoon played the wheelchair bound doctor, very funny show.

There is a Cinema in New York that only shows The Rocky Horror Picture show Movie, you only get in if you are dressed up...cool huh?

7. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

The Astor Theatre (Cinema) in St.Kilda, Melbourne, usually play the movie on New Years Eve and the audience is encouraged to dress-up and interact with the show.
    There is a script which you can get so that you know the words to call out during the show, this way everyone calls out the same thing and even squirt water pistols during the rain scene.
    We went one year and it was a great way to start NYE as the movie finished at about 10pm.

http://www.astor-theatre.com/