1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Fan - MaxxAir MaxxFan 7000K model good enough to cool the van

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Sebastien, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I think it would well but so would an unpowered Sopru style roof vent. I know that when I had my camper it worked very well at cooling.

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ditto….
    Fitting may also prove to be problematic.
    The blurb states a minimum roof thickness of 22 mm.
    Cheers,
    Mark

4. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

I have just installed a Fiamma F28 which is a bit smaller than the maxxair into my Trakka project. The vent is upgradable to house a fan further down the road if I need it :)

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Probably easy to make a 20mm spacer. I'd make it out of metal but some people here would use wood.:D

It really looks like the Rolls Royce of fans.

oldman likes this.
  6. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

It really is the RR of fans! I was so tempted but would’ve been $500+ as I would’ve had to have the auto rain sensor to close etc etc lol also the Fiamma one was closer in size to the original vent.

7. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

There are two competing brands that both work well, the Maxxair and the Fan-tastic. Both are reversible, the Fan-tastic has either auto speed setting with a range of temperatures that can be selected and the fan speed varies in an attempt to maintain that temp and turns off and closes the vent if the temp drops below the minimum temp in the range you selected .... the catch there is if the van is unattended and you had forgotten that was the last mode you set, it will turn on each warm day until the battery goes flat. There is also a manual fan speed setting and auto rain sense closes the vent.
    We have one of these in our two motorhomes with the Maxxair vent cover over it so the vent lid can remain open but the fan switched off to allow a bit of air movement to stop the stale air smells building up.

Just a tip when buying, check Amazon to see if they have them in their warehouse, not from an associated seller though, the freight is dirt cheap if it comes from the Amazon warehouse but unbelievable if it comes from one of the associated sellers. Ours were less than half the price the local mobs were asking .... the vent cover comes in a huge box but freight was only $30 along with a heap of other stuff we bought, all included in the same $30

T1 Terry