1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubber Fuel filler neck cracked

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by okymura, Feb 4, 2011.

1. okymura

okymura Member

I've got a cracked rubber fuel filler neck and want to know the easiest (if there is) way to replace it? Its on a 1978 Bay. I've heard you can cut a hole but I am reluctant to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

2. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

There should already be a hole, like a paint tin lid on the drivers side inside the engine bay, pop that off and turn your self into an Indian rubber man to get to the hose, short of that motor out and unscrew the cover plate to get to the petrol tank

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Yup what Mike said - lucky it's only the neck and it's a 78 - a 72/73 and you gotta pull the engine then source the delivery hose from OS if you want correct inner dia etc.

Matter been raised before in this section so you can do a search and see what's been posted before ;)

4. jamsha71

jamsha71 Member

I did mine a couple of weeks ago. No cutting of holes, just a bit of gymnastics with the forearms!

5. okymura

okymura Member

Ok I'll give it a try

6. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, give your self some time to do it an make sure you have the tank below half. I put a description on this job in another thread last week, so it may be worth looking at that.

Cheers

Adrian