1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Run To The Sun 2009

Discussion in 'Run to the Sun 2009' started by Roy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Golfy

Golfy Member

Run to the sun

We will certain won't miss this one, great work Roy. I'm Sure it will be a great succsess. Great to have the christmas party the same time. Lynn

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

3. leightk

leightk New Member

Unlucky. I'd love to come - but it's cricket time and my holiday will have started already! Was sweet meeting up with some of you folk this weekend 'n would have been cool to come on this too. Oh well, next time.

Enjoy people :]

4. vasterskombi

vasterskombi Member

hopefully this is goin to be the first vw show i take my kombi to, thats if the engine is fixed by then. :)

5. Miss Leah

Miss Leah Member

Awwwww why do i miss out on everything!? im going on cruise on this day and wont be back till the 10th of dec. :( I think i wasnt meant to go to kombi get togethers lol

6. Royce

Royce Active Member

Andrew and I and the tribe are coming! We are probably bringing Lola Lowlight and the new Multivan depending on if it arrives in time, otherwise Stormtrooper will be enlisted for the comfort hungry passengers (and driver!)

Run to the Sun sounds like a totally appropriate event given our cold snap...

We are camping on Saturday (OMG!) and will be in for the Chrissie party and night of frivolity...Cant wait.

7. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Thats great news Royce..:) ...
    Looking forward to a fantastic weekend...

8. Flossie Mae

Flossie Mae New Member

Oh god, that only gives me 6 weeks to respray where we have cut and repaired rust spots, re assemble doors, seats, new tyres, etc etc. Maybe I can pretend it's a rat!!
    Hoping to get there. Our first Kombi and our first meet, VERY EXCITED!!

"Jimbo Holkombi" 74 Bay Camper

9. Phloss

Phloss New Member

Really looking forward to Run to the Sun. This will be our first event! Sounds like it'll be great fun. Is anyone travelling down from the Brisbane area on Sunday?? Perhaps we could think about a convoy...

10. Two Yanks

Two Yanks New Member

And it brings tears to my eyes as we can't be there. Maybe I could send YD as our ambassador if he hasn't left yet.

11. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Members always for a convoy - just got to pick the time and meeting place - could be put as as a new thread ;)

12. Phloss

Phloss New Member

Great idea! Is there a preferred meeting place - or one that's worked well in the past?

13. Simon123

Simon123 New Member

for Klub Fest earlier this year Tom organised a convoy to there from the old Ikea carpark, that was a good meeting place i think. Although there is a set of lights before you enter the freeway and it split the convoy up for a bit.

Simon.

14. Phloss

Phloss New Member

Thanks, Simon. Great idea.

15. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Interiors

Hi all,

The guy who created our much loved interior(in Rocky) has now fallen in love with kombis. I heard yesterday that they will be coming to Run To The Sun for a look around. We are so stoked with the work this guy did and the customer service they did and still are providing is second to none. If anyone wants an introduction, let myself or Kate know and we will happily oblige.

Cheers, Chris

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]