1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SA help needed

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by kommodius, Aug 22, 2008.

1. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Maybe this should be in "Off Topic" , if so, Mods please remove.

In 3 weeks I'm moving "da Boyz House" to Mount Barker.

We've found a house on the bus route to Heathfield High School and we're gonna move.
    Bye bye Windsor Gardens shoebox, bye bye 3 hour drive per day to get to school and back, hello 3 bedroom house with shed for 8 Kombis!!

We need to move 4000 books, the normal household crap, an unwell Kombi, an equally silent Beetle and odd engines and stuff! We need help!

Buses, trailers, sack trucks, bodies will be rewarded with the BBQ and jam session from Hell !! Yes, you can all sleep over!

We've never been big on asking for help but we're asking now.
    It's gonna be a big job. We have tons of stuff and very little time.

The landlady is a sweetheart and we can access the shed a few days earlier than the lease starts. She loves Kombis and thinks that owning a dog is compulsory! She even wants pics of Gypsy's Baja build!

I can't begin to tell you how excited we are. It's more rent than we wanted to pay & it may be only a one year lease but, for us, it's a step in the right direction.
    A small but sound house within access to school and maybe I can find more work in the area. Brilliant!

Thanks KCers.

Ray & da Boyz

2. grapeape

grapeape Member

No need to ask.....

Im there Ray, give me enough notice and I may be able to get a flat bed 10 tonner. If not, you know I can do a couple of loads in Lizzy, and I got a trailer we can put on the Falcon if needed....

You name it bro.

3. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

What days do you actually want help Ray? I'm a bit useless for lifting/moving at the moment (back/neck are cactus again) but I've got my nice big van and can probably do a trip for you if there's someone to load/unload..

4. Schnidlee

Schnidlee Member

count me in lads. put up the exact dates and ill get the day off work. ill try and get the old mans ute and a trailer, but if i cant get that i still have the wagon it wont carry as much but it looks waaaay cooler. ok get those dates up and drop me a pm with your address. cheers
    matt

5. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

You guys totally rock!
    I'll keep you posted.

Ray & da Boyz

6. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Wow Ray, it sounds like you found yourself the perfect place! :) Well done, and good luck on the big move... I wish we lived closer so that we could help - we love a sleepover! ;)

7. Tony&Trudi

Tony&Trudi New Member

Hi Ray

Hi Ray,
    Trudi and I would love to help, let us know the dates.
    I am moving too and settlement is Sept the 12th. I am moving in with Trudi at Henley Beach.
    Look forward to catching up soon.
    I have sack truck and 7x5 trailer and Louie the Gas Guzzling Transporter
    Cheers
    Tony

8. grapeape

grapeape Member

Kombi Kruise??

I am proposing a Kombi Kruise on the day of the move.

Early Start at Kommodiis for loading and hit the road, putt putt putt up the freeway...

Date to be advised by Ray but sure to be second weekend in Sept.

9. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Great area

Gday, having just noved to QLD from Bridgewater I will not be much help to you, except to say that you are heading to a great area that we miss a lot. Obviously we will be no help to you, but think of it as moral support.

Cheers, Chris

10. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yay for you and Da Boyz Ray. I love how excited you are about the move.

I can't offer you any practical help at all, but can wish you every success with the move. :)

11. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

let me know ok i will check what shifts im on

12. Kombi Trip

Kombi Trip Member

Ray, I am good for Sunday ... or Friday if you want to get off to an earlier start. Saturday is a no go for me sorry.

Nick

13. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hope it all goes smoothly for daBoyz and like Kyra moral help for the big move

14. Mafti

Mafti New Member

Welcome to the neighbourhood Smiffs.
    I'm in, do I have to help or can I just drink your beer and watch? I could cook the bbq and tell people where to put stuff. You let me know Ray

Mafti

15. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Thanks for the responses you big mob of lovelies!

We're still waiting for all the paperwork to filter through but we look like we're on track to ship out in 3 weeks.
    Probably be action stations on the 12th, 13th and 14th then I'll do the usual "idiot search" and cleanup on the 15th and 16th.

Mafti, just having your smiling face around will be brilliant no matter what you do.
    Nick, any help you can offer will be gratefully received (again!).
    Tom, I hope you can join us for a beer afterwards if you're tied up with RAA stuff.
    Grapeape you're a bloody legend!
    Schnidlee, we'd love to catch up anyway!
    Goblin, bring your bass! (you know you want to!)

Exciting times for Ray & da Boyz! Thanks everyone for your good wishes and offers of help.

Luv ya gutz!

Ray & da Boyz

16. Kombi Trip

Kombi Trip Member

this needs to be kept active people

17. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Aye, that it does.

18. Archeress

Archeress Guest

We hope ur move will be hassle free Ray...good luck with it.:)

19. grapeape

grapeape Member

Active???

Right then....

We do it Sunday.
    It seems most are available then and we want numbers.....
    I think it should be an early start too, cos I need to be else where in the arvo...

9am at Kommodious' place, Sunday 14th....

Ray, I will come around Saturday to help get stuff ready, and maybe we could do a separate run?????
    Perhaps those who are unable to roll on Sunday could help with a Saturday trip?

Could everyone please reply so we have an idea of space and and vehicle type for logistics? And what day too....

20. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I'm too far away to offer my 2 buses and trailers... but awesome response so far from local KC'ers...well done, and hope it all goes smoove! :lol: