1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad day

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Ed, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Ed

Ed Member

To all that know us and our kombi (the bitch) we have parted company, but on the good side she has gone to another kombi club owner, so we know she will be loved and looked after. There was a few tears today, from me having my last drive and watching her pull away. Looking to the future we've got our pop top to complete and my beetle. So we'll be soon joining you all very soon driving a kombi or beetle (which ever is completed first).
    Fran & Ed

2. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Sod the beetle do the split.

Sad to hear you are bitchless.

Dave

3. Ed

Ed Member

the panel van is sitting patiently waiting his turn, beetle is probably, the most completed, which will then be my daily driver,then the bay, then finally the panel van, you know what a perfectionist Ed is thou, i reckon we'll be turning 40 before the split is done.

4. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

The missus had to call the RAA today as her battery packed in she was in town.

dave

5. billyjack

billyjack Member

We are now the proud owners of the "bitch". We picked her up today, the kids where all excited and picked their seats for the journey to her new home. She is now nestled in beside our Lucy in the garage. Many thanks to Ed and Fran for all their help during the transition. We know they have put a lot of hard work and love into this kombi, and we will continue to look after her with both of you in mind.
    We will be able to catch up through all the kombi get togethers I'm sure! ;)

Debbie, Chris, James, Daniel, Luke, Ryan, Sarah and Jessie!!

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

How hard would that have been :cry: Go the Split! Hope you are up and running again very soon...I don't think I could last a day without a kombi to drive.......chin up won't be long.
    At least you know it's gone to a good home where it will be loved and cared for......................Lorraine

7. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Well you're lucky folks then!
    I've driven that bus and it's a very, very nice van.

Now that the old girl is away from the clutches of "Evil Ed" and "Formidable Fran" you could have a small renaming ceremony and call her something more befitting of her beauty and fine character!;)

Ray & da Boyz

p.s. no underage persons have ever driven this bus to the best of my knowledge your honour ...................... no, honestly ................. to the best of my knowledge ..................... no, I really mean it ...................... not even once.

8. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Is this the yellow kombi with the lime green stripey bits?

If so, she drove past my house a couple of days ago in Belair National Park - lovely looking critter.

9. Mafti

Mafti New Member

My kids were yelling out "there goes Dillons kombi" as it drove passed us last friday in blackwood.

Mafti

10. grapeape

grapeape Member

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

Jeez Ed, no wonder you sounded so disheartened last Wednesday.

And I thought it was just a lack of sleep and the trip to Hindmarsh Stadium that was on your mind....

11. billyjack

billyjack Member

We took the "bitch" for a drive to Belair National Park. We saw the ute parked near the playground/tennis courts, you may have heard the kids shout out kombi! as we went past. It's great to be out and about with her and be recognised, cheers GoblinSA!, hopefully we'll see you next time! :)
    We will be calling her by a different name tho, but we haven't come up with one yet! Can't have the kids going to school for show and tell and referring to our newest kombi as the "bitch"!:lol: Each of us have come up with names here and there, but can't decide which one suits her yet, we'll know when we hear it I guess.

12. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

My kids were playing out in the front yard (we live just inside the entrance of the park) and came running in screaming "Mummmmmm KOMMMBBBIIII!!!!!" - as all good kombi kids do. I ducked out just in time to see you exit the park. :)

Didn't see the ute at all, was that Mafti?

As for the name, my double bass is called Bitch - I love her but she's a right bitch to lug around the place.

13. billyjack

billyjack Member

Yes I remember that - we did see some kids out the front, and ours saw them rushing inside when they saw the van! Now we know where you are we'll stop next time and say hello! The ute, (sounds like it was Mafti) was in another park up the road, not sure about the name of it, but it has tennis courts as well.

14. Ed

Ed Member

we always called her the bitch, but when we got her we were told that her name is actually betsie!! hope she's looking after you well, I've got Ed working on the ohter bay at the moment, feeling abit strange not driving her. I did actually see you the other day by work. see you guys soon
    Fran x x x