1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saturday Night KC Christmas Party & Camping - RTTS

Discussion in 'Run to the Sun 2011' started by ruby6689, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

In conjunction with the 'Run to the Sun' event to be held on Sunday 27th November 2011 at Mudgeeraba Showground (Mudgeeraba Rd, Mudgeeraba on the Gold Coast) Kombi Club will be holding it's Christmas party at the same location on Saturday 26th commencing at 6.30pm.

Camping has been approved and Doug has organised for 2 portable showers as well as toilets to be situated near the camping area this year. :) Camping set up time from 2pm on.

There is power available to most sites but you will need a lead that plugs into normal power at one end and to whatever you need it to be plugged into at your kombi end.

Hopefully we will have many of our talented KC musicians / entertainers present to once again make for a great evening.

Camping is from 2pm on and the charge for the entire weekend, including Sunday's 'Run to the Sun' entry fee, is only $15 per adult, children free.

You can pay via direct deposit into the following account
    [FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]BSB 014-536 ACCOUNT No. 5302-99716, ACCOUNT NAME - RUN TO THE SUN. Please put your surname & forum name as a reference and send an email to runtothesun@bigpond.com to notify of the payment.[/FONT]

If you live local and just want to come down for the night that's OK as well.

This year Derek and Jo have kindly offered to help run the Xmas party and I'm sure their enthusiam and experience with children will be a huge benefit, keep an eye out on this thread for their updates.

Secret Santa will be run again, Santa has been asked to attend along with his very 'happy and jovial' helper Pat (phatratpat) :D He also has a new sleigh.:)

Can you please advise on this thread if you are attending the party and also if you will be camping so we can add you to the list.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Volunteers Required

Thanks Lorraine

In order to have a smoothly run event on Sunday we need your help. Camping and Show entry fees ($15 per person) will be waived for each volunteer offering their services for 1.5 hours on Sunday. Here is the volunteer roster so far. If you have a preference please PM me as soon as possible. You will be given full instructions as to your role. Show gates open at 9am.

Entry Gate:
    8:00 – 9:30 Neil C (swap meet, sponsors and food stalls)
    9:00 – 10:30 Keith M, Jeanette S
    10:30 – 12:00 Pete D, Jedda D

Registration Desk:
    8:00 – 9:30 Doug R
    9:00 – 10:30 Dale R, Amanda F
    10:30 – 12:00 Karen & Emma

Parking & helping setup stalls, etc:
    8:00 – 9:30 Mitchell O, Harry
    9:30 – 11:00 Jon & Danny

Kombi Cook-off:
    10:30 - 11:30 Lorraine K

Toy VW Races:
    11:30 - 12:30 Andy K

DJ Assistance / Announcements: Craig S, Doug R

Balloon blowing, counting, stacking & Kombi Kram:
    (There will be a competition for kids to guess the number of balloons in the kombi finishing at 9:30, followed by a Kombi Kram for kids, then one for adults)
    8:30 – 10:00 Will & Sheila

Kombi Painting supervision:
    10:00 – 11:30 Paul L
    11:30 – 1:00pm Melissa

Cleaning up:
    1:00 – 2:30pm Michelle C, Adrian C

ALL POSITIONS HAVE NOW BEEN FILLED

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Doug can you please put Adrian down to clean with me from 1 till 2 thanks

4. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Cleaning duties

Thanks for spotting that glaring mistake Mish. It was supposed to be 1.5 hours - if you work quickly it could all be done in an hour I'm sure. Thank you.

Doug

5. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Teppanyaki Noodles

I have arranged for Teppanyaki Noodles to also attend for the Christmas party and Camping night. That will save the need to think about cooking or running down the road for some pizza. They will be there from 5:30pm until demand is satisfied.

You will find their website at http://www.teppanyakinoodles.com.au/
    and you can try their food at a number of markets around the Gold Coast and in Brisbane. I will try to obtain and publish their full menu a bit later.

Here is a photo of Katsu Muramatsu in his kitchen:
    [​IMG]

6. kom87

kom87 Member

Please put us (Louise and Garry) down for party and camping.

7. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

8. t4camper

t4camper Active Member

Please add Jane and I to the camping and Xmas party list.
    Entry Gate:
    8:00 – 9:30 1 still required

I will volunteer on the gate from 8.00 to 9.30.
    That means I get to see all the nice VWs come in with out having to walk around.:)

Neil

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Lorraine please put us down for the Xmas party but not camping, thanks

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Put me down for the whole weekend please... Thanks

11. terbear

terbear Member

sulking..... :umm: :cry:

12. Lottie

Lottie New Member

I'll be coming along for the weekend too thanks.

You not going Terri?

13. arkemup

arkemup Member

Put Jeanette and I down for the weekend please

14. terbear

terbear Member

My daughters 21st.. :(

15. baldy_pixie

baldy_pixie Member

Details for Numbers and How Many for each

Forum name...........Names..............................................Party..........................Camping..............................Food

ruby 6689 .............Lorraine & Andy ...........................Y..........................................Y.....................................Y x 2
    baldy-pixie..............Derek & Jo..................................Y...........................................Y.....................................Y x 2 + 3 kids
    kom87...................Loiuse & Gary..............................Y...........................................Y.....................................Y x 2
    Terrodales..............Don...........................................Y..........................................Y.....................................Y
    arkemup.................Keith & Jeanette.........................Y..........................................Y......................................Y x 2
    t4 Campers.............Neil & Jane.................................Y..........................................Y.....................................-
    mish13...................Michelle & Adrian.........................Y..........................................N......................................Y x 2
    The Dub Driver........Judy.+1....................................Y...........................................Y......................................Y x 2
    Wasibi....................Angela & Ken.............................Y............................................Y.......................................Y x 2
    JenniferLane............Jenny & Tahlia...........................Y............................................Y......................................Y x 2
    Jedda.....................Jedda & Peter...........................Y............................................Y.........................................-
    Vannessa92.............Vannnessa + 1.........................Y............................................Y.......................................Y x 2
    Jaybone..................Jon & Karen.............................Y............................................Y........................................Y X 2
    Tin Bits....................Ian & Treasa...........................Y...........................................Y........................................Y x 2
    3Amigos..................John & Lyn..............................Y...........................................N............................................-
    Douggieboy..............Doug & Dale...........................N...........................................N............................................Y x 2
    rubymulley...............Ben, Amanda & girls.................Y...........................................Y............................................ Y x 2 + 2 kids
    77camperdp.............Doug & Pam...........................Y...........................................Y...........................................Y x 2
    Thomas..................Thomas & Samatha.................Y..........................................Y...........................................-
    Phatratpat...............Pat &......................................Y..........................................Y........................................... Y x 2 + 2 kids
    Radar 15 ...............Mitchell...................................Y..........................................Y............................................. Y x 1
    Resol.....................Grant & son...........................Y..........................................Y.............................................
    Vinny.....................Vinney..................................Y...........................................Y............................................. Y x ?
    Stripes ..................Mick & Shona.........................Y...........................................Y.............................................-
    Dannyred...............Danny & Emma......................Y............................................Y..............................................-
    Bonzayanks............Will & Sheila............................Y...........................................Y..............................................N
    Kombiboys.........................................................Y..........................................Y...............................................Y
    YogiDub.................Noel & Leanne........................Y..........................................Y................................................-
    The Russian...........Sergio & Kate......................... Y..........................................Y...............................................Y x 2

Please let us know if coming to the christmas party and if camping over night and if u want the food as we need hard numbers ............ thanks

ps for secret santa too LOL

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  16. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Joe can you please add a yes to food for Adrian and myself, thanks

17. arkemup

arkemup Member

Yes to food for us as well please. Does he do Saki:lol:

18. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

mmmm saki...put us down for the family, food two me thinks !!:cool:

19. Tin Bits