1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Back Monday/ tuesday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Apr 25, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Wish I could go back to school.... :rolleyes:

2. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Look closely at some of your teachers mate!

Look closely at some of your teachers mate:eek: ....... there might be a similar reluctance in going back to school.;)

3. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I start CIT on Monday again :(

And I have a single person debate on Wednesday which is pretty bad...really should consider starting that :umm:

4. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

I'm a teacher (at TAFE, but I'm still a teacher, really). I took Thurs afternoon off, and I have Mon Moring off. I have s#$%load of marking I should probably be doing now, but it's not going to happen.

Not looking forward to Monday arvo.

5. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Hey Gab, what's CIT like? I have a student tranferring up there in the next week or two.

6. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

I really look forward to teaching and seeing my students, so I like it when schools back in, but then again I teach fire twirling so thats probably why. LOL. No assignments to mark, no class room to be stuck in, the only hard part is trying to stay ahead of the kids skill wise, because in 2 weeks they seem to learn stuff that took me a yr.

7. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I really like CIT. At the end of last year I was living in Sydney and I was tossing up whether to stay in Sydney and go to TAFE or come back to Canberra and go to CIT. I chose CIT because there are more courses, and the course I was doing would take half the time.

Overall I think its better, they are very flexible in their learning options and it has a real community feel there that I never really felt from TAFE, with like lots of music events, scavenger hunts, wine tours etc. Also because it is more one whole school with different campuses rather than Sydney which each campus seems quite self reliant, it means that each campus has a different focus, which I guess is made easy due to the fact that Canberra is tiny.

I like it alot, although the fact that it is in Canberra is a definate downside.
    I miss Sydney :cry:

8. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Kids are like that Glen. You can feel good in the fact that one day they too will slow down just like us.

9. jerrys_bus

jerrys_bus Active Member

I'm not looking forward to all those mum's in there massive 4WD's dropping off there little darlings who have forgotten how to walk or catch a bus clogging up the roads again, a 40min trip in school holidays takes 1hour when schools in, in my part of sydney

rant over - can you tell I don't have kids :D just pets and kombi's

10. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I like it when school holidays are over....I get really sick of the little buggers messing up all the stock in the store, generally while their doting parents watch them!
    We also provide cheap entertainment for the kids while their washing is being done downstairs in the laundromat:wtf:.....Lorraine

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  11. kombicad

kombicad New Member

i'm with you lorraine. i get sick of the little buggers. . . . period. where are those coal mines when you need one. :D

12. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
    I'm back teaching and the money starts to come in again!
    Two weeks holiday means two weeks without income for us!

Schools should be running 57 weeks a year!! Maybe then we could catch up on the bills rather than them catching up on us!!

"ding ding" time for your guitar lesson Johnny! "ca ching!" (that's the sound of a till by the way!) :lol:

Ray & da Boyz