Seat swap

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by Vito, May 15, 2007.

1. Vito

Vito New Member

Hi folks, does anyone know if he bay kombi front seats will fit in a split?

will they go straight in ( ha) or do they need different brackets

I am considering options of head height.

Cheers

Vito

2. Dr Split

Dr Split New Member

The Doctor advises that the bay single front driver and passengers seats will not go into a pre 64 splitty with single front bench seat without seat mount modifications being made.

The later (post 64) splitties do have a 1/3 (single drivers seat) 2/3 passengers seat arrangement in the front. Mounting a bay single front passengers seat where the splitty 2/3 seat was will involve some mount mods because the bay single front passengers seat has a different pedestal compared to the 2/3 splitty front passenger seat.

Will a bay single driver’s seat go straight in a post 64 splitty single drivers mounts? The Doctor’s actually buggered if he knows (his exposure to bay window busses has not been that great). Maybe a consultant could answer this one?

Bay rear seats will bolt into a splitty. They are slightly narrower however (which is a bit surprising).

Dr Split

3. Vito

Vito New Member

Thanks Doc,

I will take a look and see, I think the reupholstery option and orginal 2/3 seating will be the go.

Thank you for your help

Vito

4. tracash242

tracash242 New Member

Will a bay single driver’s seat go straight in a post 64 splitty single drivers mounts? The Doctor’s actually buggered if he knows (his exposure to bay window busses has not been that great). Maybe a consultant could answer this one?
    CAN ANYONE HERE ANSWER THIS QUESTION PLEASE,

5. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

No, different mount

6. tracash242

tracash242 New Member

Thanks dude

7. bern

bern Active Member

I can supply u some bay slider/seat mounts esp drvr and a tatty redoable late bay seat, or a pair pm me if keen