1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Cab treasure chest door

Discussion in 'Body' started by BrissyGeorge, Feb 21, 2020.

1. BrissyGeorge

BrissyGeorge Active Member

Hi,

After having some rust cut out on the door a couple of years ago it has started to bubble again with some of the bubbles about to break. The guy who keeps Mr Ks rust at bay (that's a very small pun:)) reckons either a new skin, or preferable a new door would be the go.

Can anyone give me a lead where I might source either - skin or complete door please?

Thanks

2. BrissyGeorge

or a good second hand one - or anything:(

3. BrissyGeorge

Well, I get the idea - nobody makes new ones or skins........so, anybody in Bris that could recommend a panel beater who has the skill to pull the door apart, repair whatever rust there is in the frame, make a new skin etc - I don`t think this is a job for a regular panel beater (haven`t spoken to my guy yet though).

Please help - I don`t want to leave it until the bubbles become holes.

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep but don't have the gear at Mo.
    Any decent sheet metal shop could do it.
    Can't recall who it was but there's a panelbeater making new outer A pillar skins on the gold coast.
    Search threads on kc.

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

cbus likes this.
  6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Heard from someone last weekend cruise that the A pillar skins were good detail so maybe worth contacting.

7. BrissyGeorge

great, thanks cbus and Gary. I`ll talk to my guy but don`t remember seeing a guillo or folder in his shop and he would definitely have to send out for the vents.

8. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I've only seen splitty chest doors for the varies ones they have.What size it is compared to a bay window? Making a new skin might be the way to go. Most would be rusted in a similar place as well.