1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slept in

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Mafti, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Mafti

Mafti New Member

Being a Sunday morning I was feeling lazy and didnt get out of bed till 9.30am, plus my kombi had been dropped off at the motor trimmer the night before so I didnt have the urge to do any more prep work on it for Canberra.( as I have worked on it till midnight most nights during the week) Anyway I get out of bed and read the Sunday Mail and in the car classified section theres a 75 twin cab for sale, says it runs excellent with 3 months rego. Rust and needs attention $1000 ono. In SA there are no roadworthies when changing ownership, so for a grand this was a drive it away bargain. I needed this car as an interim vehicle whilst I took my kombi off the road, my wife even gave me the nod (she is borderline unenthusiastic partner) so I rang and rang and I rang. Finally I left a message saying I wont let up on the phone calls till he rings me back. 2 minutes later the seller rings me and says it sold about 6 am
    That'll teach me to sleep in!

Mafti

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Gee Mafti, I bet you could have slit your wrists! What a bargain that was for someone............better luck next time.............Lorraine

3. Peaches and cream

Peaches and cream New Member

Thats no good mate.... just out of casual interest... who are you using for trimming ?

Paul

4. Mafti

Mafti New Member

Young bloke in St Agnes, who is just setting up on his own, really fussy and good tradesman with an eye for detail and cheap. Best of all he made me my cover( at real short notice) before Easter when no one else could. His name is Danial.

Mafti

5. Peaches and cream

Peaches and cream New Member

Thanks mate.. will need him to do some seats in a couple of months.

Have fun in canberra

PB

6. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Craig, which one in St Agnes,
    Might pop round, I need some stuff doing.

Dave