sliding door lock

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by robmich, Feb 8, 2014.

1. robmich

robmich Active Member

Hi all
    i would like to have a go at re-keying my sliding door lock on a 76 bus does anyone know how to get the barrel out of the lock it seems to be crimped together i think i could do it if i can get it apart,i have a spare in case i stuff it up
    Rob

2. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

3. robmich

robmich Active Member

thanks for that i will give it a go later today

4. robmich

robmich Active Member

Hi All
    job done the hardest part is bending the crimps back,nearly cut my finger of using a stanley knife as suggested in the samba link then broke the tips of 2 steak knives hope the boss dosnt notice :cry: only had to remove one wafer, putting it back together was a bit fiddly but got there in the end,now only 2 keys instead of three any one thinking of doing the job give it a go, work clean i worked at the dinning table on a newspaper at least if you drop a small part you have a much better chance of finding it than you do in the garage
    Rob

5. Julian Taylor

Julian Taylor New Member

I know this is a very old thread but sometimes this can be useful. My Kombi door lock has just locked up and I've been searching for a new one and found this below. Ive rung them and they say the new lock barrels will be in in two weeks.

http://www.justkampers.com.au/checkout/cart/