1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sliding door lock

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by robmich, Feb 8, 2014.

1. robmich

robmich Active Member

Hi all
    i would like to have a go at re-keying my sliding door lock on a 76 bus does anyone know how to get the barrel out of the lock it seems to be crimped together i think i could do it if i can get it apart,i have a spare in case i stuff it up
    Rob

2. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

3. robmich

robmich Active Member

thanks for that i will give it a go later today

4. robmich

robmich Active Member

Hi All
    job done the hardest part is bending the crimps back,nearly cut my finger of using a stanley knife as suggested in the samba link then broke the tips of 2 steak knives hope the boss dosnt notice :cry: only had to remove one wafer, putting it back together was a bit fiddly but got there in the end,now only 2 keys instead of three any one thinking of doing the job give it a go, work clean i worked at the dinning table on a newspaper at least if you drop a small part you have a much better chance of finding it than you do in the garage
    Rob

5. Julian Taylor

Julian Taylor New Member

I know this is a very old thread but sometimes this can be useful. My Kombi door lock has just locked up and I've been searching for a new one and found this below. Ive rung them and they say the new lock barrels will be in in two weeks.

http://www.justkampers.com.au/checkout/cart/