1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sliding door woes

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by Miss Rosie, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Miss Rosie

Miss Rosie Active Member

My sliding door which has all new rollers etc won't close.It will run up to about 50mm from away where it should close.I have done everything I know.I have the VW app but just checking..does anyone know or recommend someone to look at in Perth or the SW? Travelling over to Adelaide tomorrow.Doing the Mr Bean thing ATM ...got it locked with a bike U bolt...

2. galp

galp Member

i would be checking the gaps all round the door and checking the waistband for alignment in relation to the body
    there is a shim adjustment on the bottom rollers and slotted bolt holes at the top
    if you go to you tube there is also video there to look at

Miss Rosie likes this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

No real answer but I would observe while closing and try to determine what 'hits' to limit further travel.
    Expect it is something in the rear hinge .
    Spray the crap out of it with innox or WD 40.
    Check that catch on door that goes over the related catch on body is in
    ' open ' position

David H likes this.
  4. kool_kombi 79

kool_kombi 79 Well-Known Member

Have the door checked by somebody and see if adjustment can help, if after max adjustment has been achieved and the door still won't close, it usually points to the Sliding Door Hinge Unit at the rear of the door. Contact me if you are in need of a exchange reconditioned Hinge Unit.

1500king and Miss Rosie like this.
  5. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

There is a cam on the arm that the door rear side pulls in with - they seem to be cast steel and often break like the LHD one in the photo

upload_2017-4-28_21-56-44.jpeg

They can stop it closing.

Grantus, Miss Rosie and David H like this.