1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snake Repellant..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantus, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Well they seem to work for me.

Last 3 seasons, neighbours still had red bellied blacks & eastern browns, and we had just one:

When I saw the small snake by the wall, I went and checked the sentinel, and it had stopped working - wife struck it with a barrow at some stage...

Did some maintenance, and been all good again...:)

So to answer, yes, I reckon they work, as do others locally that use them in even more snake infested areas than mine.

I must state, that I have no affiliation with the company that produces or sells them.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

.....and here I am landscaping with plants that are advertised to attract reptiles!

3. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Well, that's good enough for me! We live in a green wedge and the burbs are coming ever closer, undoubtedly pushing all the snakes and other wildlife into the remaining natural landscape (where we are). We've already lost a cat to a Tiger snake and I had to remove another from the loungeroom during renos.
    Hope this will work - worth the gamble to protect the family, a beautiful dog and mad cat!
    I'll let you know how it goes!
    Rich

4. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Just a joke?? It sure sounds good to me! :p I hate Guinea Pigs - most useless 'pet' on the planet...

5. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

I know we have to be wary as consumers because there's a lot of products out there claiming to do a lot of stuff, but when I clicked on the link and read the scientific basis behind it, it makes sense.
    We all know from watching countless docos over the years, that snakes use vibration and heat sensors to locate prey, so yeah, sounds feasible.

Having said that, sharks use vibration sensors along their lateral line (and smell) to locate prey and since WWII a heap of money and research (US Navy and many others) has been thrown at finding a shark deterrent to no avail.... 70 years later, sharks remain as unpredictable as they ever were.

Glad to hear the Snake Repellent is working! When you have kids and dogs playing outside in Summer it's always a worry.

6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I've only got two, as a trial, but will invest in more.

Friends that bought 10, to do a complete house & yard perimeter, around 50m apart, have not seen tiger snakes within the exclusion zone, but still have plenty outside the zone.

I figure 2 is the minimum to warn them off. Mine are 30m apart.

Considering the vet bill for the antivenine treatment for my dog after a tangle with a Brown, (no confirmed bite, but just to be sure) was over $600, these seem good value.

7. Red Kev

Red Kev Member

Jeez Wal, a country full of snakes or a country full of Kiwis? Hmmm..

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Doesnt work for sunshine coast tho. got both in bucket loads. Plus poms:(