So How Did We Get Here?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by melissa, May 7, 2012.

1. minus-1

minus-1 Member

On a winged horse my dear

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

And so have we all!!!!
    And as Maxwell said! "And loving it"!!!

3. AdamBorzy

AdamBorzy New Member

t s z
    and enjoying it... :words:

4. sclarke7171

sclarke7171 Member

I just fell into the "Trap". Lol
    Migrated from Swedish to english to German over a long span.
    I guess the logical step was the move from a British 4wd tourer to a German camper that I can easily fix.
    No more cooling leaks. Lol. Only air. :)

I thank all who have helped me get my passion underway. Sadly the Porsches have been neglected.
    Summer will revitalize that !!!!

Steve

Debstar likes this.
  5. Saggas

Saggas New Member

I met another of the early kombi club guys in hobart. I was a uni student with a bay window ('79) that car was sold then written off..... Alot has changed since then. I do find myself coming back from time to time, hoping to find that split I have always wanted.

6. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

My bus was running a little rough on a road trip from melbourne ..i saw a tidy kombi in the car park at Airlie beach...left a note on its windscreen...asking if they knew a Kombi Mechanic in the area
    Later that evening i got a text...."the kombi club recommends Paul Wilson in mackay"..never heard of the kombi club until then.
    I ended up staying at paul wilson's place...well sleeping in my van in his driveway.
    A few months later ...i was in Nimbin..and i met Lorraine...who insisted that i go on the kombi konvoy from Byron to Nimbin....since then have been to lots of KC events

Debstar likes this.
  7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Good to see you posting again Sag Man.

8. LonePiper

LonePiper Member

I bought a couple of front seats for my Kombi off Ebay from a guy called Nathan in Wonthaggi who's crazy into oval beetles. When I went to pick them up, we chatted a bit, he gave me a heap of advice and pointed me in the direction of this forum.

9. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Not sure how and why I joined on 15 October 2005. It is one site I visit almost on a daily basis. Thanks to Roy for his support to make this forum happen.

Ian

10. Kristen

Kristen Member

Joined last year when my husband mentioned he wanted to buy a kombi and i jumped out of my skin, i was like r u serious i have alwas wanted a kombi week later flew to melbourne and bought my Layla , thanks to mel for heaps of information wouldnt be onthis site if it wasnt for her and part of the awesome kombi crew everyone is just awesome id never change it :)

Debstar and ruby6689 like this.