Sorting Out Jaffa

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by twincabay, Jul 13, 2017.

1. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG][/url][/IMG] As we know not everything is as it seams, beneath the shiny surface of Jaffa there were some areas that needed ahem ,,,, attention.
    It is a shame that they were ... glossed over when it was supposedly restored?? little more than 12 Months ago. Im still digging its all got to be done properly.
    Its such a solid bus and it deserves more respect than that so do I, lots of broken promises there my fault, I trust people! Perhaps the worst part of the experience has been the extreme dicking around I've suffered!
    The make over will include a full respray in white .. Shame i didnt buy the rust free white one that bus the seller of this bus gazumped me on, at least I did get to fund its acquisition LOL.

Cheers Matty

Mitch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]'][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Barry likes this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Got a bit to sort out there Matty. Don't lose heart. It'll be excellent when you've done what the last one didn't & you'll know your bus so much better.
    Cheers

OSF and twincabay like this.
  3. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

Its Mitch Dave, It was Matty who sold it to me.
    Yeah not insurmountable by any means more disappointing.

Mitch

oldman, KahunaKombi and David H like this.
  4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thats a shame Mitch - Matty paid someone to do the work, didn't he?

David H likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Suspicion and think x2 ....... people who buy do a fix on an often basis should raise questions as to why but then some try to sell ice to an Eskimo...... disappointing to hear Mitch.

6. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

Yes Melisa he did pay someone else but from what i gather the panel bloke worked to the direction and budget given and apologized to me when he delivered it, all show no go. Such a shame as there weren't a huge amount of issues and they deserved at the time but i wont point the finger there.
    I had been taking it all in my stride, after all Its partly my fault as I didn't look at the bus in person and took it in good faith and belief in the VW community.
    I had since written it off, I had even seen him by chance in the meantime and just bit my tongue, but I got the shits recently as he has ignored me on several occasions since about an unrelated matters and it was the last insult to injury I also I feel that if someone has broken their trust and promises too you then the least you can do is make an effort to see that it doesn't happen to others.
    Mitch

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    oldman, cbus and David H like this.
  7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Mitch,
    Speak up in this democracy. Sounds like a sting to go so bad so quick. Understand your feelings about trust & being ignored.
    Good on you for making the effort to protect others from a similar experience. Your wallet may not enjoy the experience but I bet your bus will as you get the re reno done;).
    Chin up. Onwards & upwards:p!
    David H

8. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well, ends well. Restoring a kombi can be difficult in the best of times but adding extra pain to the mix doesn't help you at all.

David H likes this.
  9. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Hope you get it sorted Mitch

10. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Wow,

I thought that 71 was near [perfect as it was stripped inside and out before repair and paint.

I cant believe they left that in there.

11. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Really sorry to hear of this Mitch.
    Pretty disappointing, hey....
    Better days ahead.
    Cheers,
    Mark

12. KahunaKombi

And I saw a week or 2 back that the white one was up for sale :rolleyes::eek:o_O

13. Mr Beckstar

Mr Beckstar Well-Known Member

Yes, I took my previous bus “Elly-May” back to the restorer and got a refund with one of the reasons being that rust was starting to come through after only 12 months. It was supposedly a bare metal restore with full photo history and I did see her fully stripped of mechanicals and primed when I bought her. But it was a similar situation; when I found a few issues with paintwork I was hand balled to the paint shop and he informed me he’d been paid only $5,000 for all the body work and painting and just had to cut corners so he could make a buck. The guy I bought her from said all the rust was fully cut out and properly repaired and was “perfect” - unbelievable how some people can lie so convincingly.

Now I’ve got Harry. He’s got a bit of rust, but he wasn’t a shiny respray. I could see where all the rust was when I bought him.

David H and cbus like this.
  14. KahunaKombi

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

16. DakDak67

DakDak67 Active Member

WOW , I'd never have guessed it is so crusty, considering the work done.

17. KahunaKombi

Some don't look too deep ....... and work to a price not quality thinking shiney paint will hide issues long enough :confused:

18. Borgey

Borgey Active Member

Spewin. Flipping them quick for a buck by the looks of things!!