1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spy v Spy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by andrewjdriscoll, Oct 13, 2014.

1. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

I have been cleaning out my recently deceased Dad's place lately. He threw little out. Listening now to all my old Spy v Spy vinyl on his original Pioneer MR-6500 music centre. How good is that?

AJD

melissa likes this.
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Hey Andrew - a subject close to my heart - make sure you get along to Nelson Bay RSL on 8th Nov.
    Mike still plays as brilliantly as ever.
    And if you are also interested, Cliff plays drums in Voodoo Express around Newy.

3. andrewjdriscoll

Hey Melissa, Bloxham won't play will he? I live in the Bay, are they really playing here? I saw they were playing at Caves Beach last month. The stories I could tell you about all their gigs we went to ALL over Sydney! Will you come up? We should catch up. AJD

4. melissa

I will be going to the gig the night before at Caves, don't know if I will be coming up to the Bay. I think they are playing with Gangajang.
    No, Blox won't be playing - he does not play anymore. Paul Green is singing up front now, he doesn't do a bad job.
    Sunnyboys were excellent on Friday night at the Workies

5. andrewjdriscoll

Hey Melissa, I can't find any info on this gig. Thank you for the heads up.

AJD

6. melissa

I got the bit about Ganggajang playing wrong - they were supposed to play together on 6th December but I see that has been cancelled. They are playing together at Caves Beach Hotel on 28th November. I will try and get more info for you for the Spys gig on 8th November - the guys gave me a list of gigs coming up when I saw them at soundcheck at Lizottes back at end of July - I hope this works:
    https://www.facebook.com/2194959580...9495958083598/812868302079691/?type=1&theater

7. andrewjdriscoll

All appreciated!

8. Michael

Michael Member

AO Mod! ...still love that one.

9. andrewjdriscoll

Hey Melissa,

I caught up with Craig Bloxham today, dropping off some stuff for work. He runs a kitchen in a nursing home in Mayfield. We reminisced and he spoke of the great (but dark) days. He still stutters, but so cool. I gushed like a schoolgirl.

best,
    AJD

10. melissa

Good on you Andrew. I went to a very special private gig back in September where Mike and Cliff played together for the first time in over 20 years. I filmed it as best I could - they only did 2 songs together but it was so special.