1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Standard' or 'Stock' Ride Height

Discussion in 'Steering, brakes & Suspension' started by steve_4802, Dec 11, 2016.

1. steve_4802

steve_4802 Active Member

I, and I understand from searching the forum, many, have struggled to get a clear description of what is standard ride height. I still don't have a perfect answer but I googled for schematic profiles or elevations of bay windows and found a few images from manuals etc. that give a good reference.

Essentially, it seems standard had:
    - floor height of about 500mm above ground
    - rear trunk / boot / floor height of about 975mm above ground

Also, a good go by seems to also be that the rear wheel wheel arch / guard aligns with about the middle of the side of the wall of the tyre.

From the above, I was able to determine my car is about 50mm below stock.

I've attached the images for info to help others wondering the same question of what is 'stock'.

Attached Files:

Grantus likes this.
  2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Great info, but that is how they left the factory............

Age does have a sagging effect, and add to that various aftermarket replacements fitted by owners over the years, and to still have those dimensions today, would be rare.

However, good to know the factory dimensions, for those that are aiming to get a bus back to "factory" specs...;)

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Consider 200mm to lower lip of sills stock.