Start of the Shitbox Rally 2013 - Adelaide 4th May

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by JayBone, Apr 23, 2013.

1. JayBone

JayBone Member

Hey South Australians,

The 2013 Shitbox Rally departs Adelaide on May 4th at 8am from the car park adjacent/alongside the botanic park on Hackney Road north of the CBD (you prob know it)

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=U...a=X&ei=L2l2Ue7KPM6ViQf-44HgAg&ved=0CDIQ8gEwAA

Some of you may have seen my other threads on the rally, and have seen that we will be attempting this in a 74 Westfalia that has spent considerable time as a home for delinquent rats in NSW! But, it's back on the road and ready to compete!

It was suggested that I post this as an event in case some of you guys wanted to see us and the Kombi off on the rally.

Hope to see some of you there! You will spot us!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.shitboxrally.com.au/

2. nickc

nickc Member

Its turned out to be one hell of a nice shit box, good luck Jon. Can't get to Adelaide but wil look forward to following your progress. Nick:)

3. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Safe travels gents !!
    Cheers, mark

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Wow Jon,

The shitbox artwork is awesome.

Hopefully the roads wont be too corrugated for you - kombis and long drives on crap roads means a very sore back - 600 - 800 kms per day is a fair way. Get some extra seat padding!

Very happy you got this old bus on the road - Happy travels.

Cheers,

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Ok Guys.

Jon needs a freebie s/h foam engine seal for type 1v engine bay.
    if anyone has a crappy one in bris and you guys can make contact or if someone is in Adelaide and meeting at the start of the rally that we can post it to for passing on to Jon.
    Same for some spare old shocks for a late bay. Think he might stuff the ones hes got and some spares of any ,except totalled, condition might be handy. due to weight this would be a contact job in bris or adelaide

thanks
    col

6. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

If my replacement shocks for Abby (75 bay) get here before you leave you can have her old ones if they'll fit.... I'm just not sure when my Koni's are supposed to be getting here is all, they might not make it in time...

The front two she Abby has now were new last July but the back ones are out of gas badly and I have no idea how old they are... :umm:

Abby.75

7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

thanks. no stress if they aren't avail in time. just think he should have some spares.

the seal is the main issue that has been forgotten in the rush and its not worth a new one and allowable budget has been filled

cheers
    col

8. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Would love to see you all off....but cant

Good luck and pls keep us all posted

9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Wish i could come with you guys

10. JayBone

JayBone Member

Thanks alot Abby, I will be down in Adelaide Friday 3rd, if you get your replacements by then I will pop round and retrieve your old ones, they will be ALOT better than the ones I have! Really appreciate it :)

Thanks for posting this Colin :)

11. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

That's ok. They're only going to get sold otherwise, but I'm happy to donate them to a good cause. Yours must be bad....!! Abby's bum kinda flops over sideways when I inch around corners at the moment....
    Just hope the replacements get here soon so I can give you the old ones...

Abby.75

12. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

have some oils unsure on brand that were on my bus for approx 3 years, still good on the push and pull, will confirm in the morning. but they are all yours if they fit your needs. Where do you want me to post them to if they are okay?

13. JayBone

JayBone Member

Thanks Kai, the Kombi leaves Brisbane tomorrow morning so they would need to be sent to Adelaide, I dont have an address they can be sent to at the moment, but should be able to organise something and get back to you :)

14. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Been meaning to ask but just googled your sign-off. Quote Dr Evil from Austin Powers. The rest is just as perverse:

''My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.''

Like it!

15. JayBone

JayBone Member

Indeed! Memorise it for your next 'tell us a little but about yourself' meeting :) always goes down well!

16. JayBone

JayBone Member

Kai, they can be sent direct to the Adelaide Hilton where we stay the night before the rally, I have PM'd you the address etc.

Thanks very much :)

17. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

....and there was I thinking it was just a grab from one of JD's night-time rambles !!

Cheers, mark

18. skat66

skat66 Member

Great bus and looks like it will be a fun rally. And when all turns to shit, at least you have somewhere to sit/sleep waiting for rescue:lol:.

19. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thought it was a bit rough on the pater when I first saw it!

20. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Shocks wil be posted on Monday. All the best for the "rally"!!