1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Irwin Day @ Australia Zoo 15th Nov'08

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by KahunaKombi, Nov 15, 2008.

1. hels

hels New Member

dont' think so kellie - she seemed really embarrassed / regretful about it all so drop your kids off in a blaze of glory :lol:

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Its a shame that the night ended the way it did and I do feel responsible for the outcome.
    I was told earlier in the week if we stayed in the camp kitchen we would be shut down at 10 but if we went down the back we could party on.

This is not how the night ended as you all know, but to be offered a part of the park in the pitch dark on wet grass was not really what we wanted. It was also right behind all the people staying in cabins so that was only a matter of time before more people complained.

Some people went up near the pillow to keep the night going, this area made more sense as it was away from everyone.
    Its a shame that an area with some lighting in the front of the park wasnt offered from the start.

I am afraid that if I owned the park I would have told the one couple that complained how sorry I was. I would have offered them a part refund and an apology for them being put out.
    We had brought a lot more money to the park for the weekend and had every right to be in the camp kitchen that we paid to use.

The fact that we like to sing while we eat is an added bonus.

I will get of my soap box now, I am just getting sick of caravan parks that treat us like we have the plague. They alow a group booking then want us to not get together as a group go figure.:mad: :mad:

3. Archeress

Archeress Guest

For all those wishing to see michelle on her soap box...please refer to eartlier youtube vid on this thread....:D
    I for one...had a BALL...:)....The pillow was ..well...Lets just say it was better at midnight than at 5pm.lol hahaha...whoooohooo.

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

5. hels

hels New Member

Hey Michelle

Nobody holds you responsible (!) - when I spoke to them today they seemed really peeved with the ONE person that complained. They also seemed to think that next time (if we go there) that the pillow area might be a better spot for us to kick on.... They had no complaints with us but were just doing their best to accomodate the other crazy non kombi loving guests....

6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Well i think maybe something like this.....going back to earlier comment by curtis..
    If we find ourselves amongst non kombi loving peoples then lets put out the hand and invite them to whatever we are doing and make them all honourary club members for the night...Give them each a beer/wine/one of hiltos sausages and have them join in the hilarity.

7. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Damn us and our "being happy"! Being happy is a bloody outrage. And I guess if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't want a group of people being happy near me either... AS IF!!!

I can't think of a better thing to do while eating, Michelle.

Except for the biting!

P.S.
    In YOUR endo! (okay, so I'm over tired from the weekend and shouldn't be allowed to use a public forum at this point in time...)

8. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Been a while since someone posted a photo?...aint we got any left?.

9. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

i got tones but u know me still twicking them
    there mostly of the komvoy
    should they go on the zoo post?

10. Archeress

Archeress Guest

course they should...it was all part of the weekend.

11. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

12. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  13. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  14. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

15. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there ya go kel Happy? more pix!!

16. Melly

Melly Member

Well hello everyone,
    Firstly i would like to put a big shout out to all from the weekend for welcoming me with kombi doors wide open. I had a fantastic time, and cannot wait for the next event. (although i'll be sure to reapply the ol' sunscreen more often next time -oopsy & ouchy)
    Very much what Julian said earlier - a huge thank you guys n gals for a great weekend and great company!

Oh and much fun had including the bouncy pillow thing, my first kombi convoy - i think i had one of those oh so excited grins that the kids get when they seen us all drive past hehee

Anyways thanks again and i look forward to meeting more of the KC gang!

Melly aka Mrs BargeArse

17. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Great photos Kellie, dont you just want to tell the ring in's to get lost, they do spoil a great photo.
    Back to the caravan park, before the early shut down on Saturday night there was a lot of talk about making this the spot for the long weekend in January.
    Then Lorriane mentioned having it at her place, she is happy to go with what ever is planned.
    Maybe Kellie if you could have a talk with your friend at the park and see if a better area down near the pillow could be arranged for a get together.
    We then might be able to get a show of interest to come back to the park Jaunary long weekend.
    We could plan a cruise out the back of the sunshine coast to an old pub for lunch (if there is one)on Saturday. Or maybe a trip to the markets or any other suggestions.
    Let me know what you think as we would have to book soon or we may miss out

18. Archeress

Archeress Guest

nimbin..NIMBIN...NIMBIN...NIMBIN...NIMBIN...NIMBIN...NIMBIN...
    NIMBIN..NIMBINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

19. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Are you trying to say something Kel

20. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

HEY MISH - I FORGOT TO POST A BIG THANKS FOR YOU INCREDIBLE ORGANISATION OF THIS EVENT - EVERYTHING HAPPENED SEEMLESSLY AND SPONTANEOUSLY FOR ME AND I HAD A GREAT TIME - WELL DONE

i am all up for pubs for lunch or even a drop in at my house on the sunny coast soon