1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stolen ute aka Wilfred

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by cbus, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Necro

Necro Active Member

I reckon he deserves a case or two of the best home brew I have tasted....:D

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  3. Lottie

Lottie New Member

NO WAY!!!!! I see wilfred every day and give him a glance! Low life who took him!! I defiantely would recognise him anywhee so willl keep my eyes open Brett. So sorry :(

Then I read the rest and you got him back :D just great, how good is that. Will he be back in his rightful spot??

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  4. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

So glad you got him back.I have been so panicky here with my baby cant believe loading them on trucks that is so brazen.Well done hope the culprit does get charged or he'll just go try another the scumbags :)

Tanyarose

Eternity 1969 Low light

5. Lottie

Lottie New Member

And there he was...back in his rightful spot :D

6. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Gday all & brewmaster do you park on drive just of yandina coolum rd I went past today spotted sc sitting there I must say that the person of illrepute who removed it must have been watching it to just chance upon such a conveniantly parked abandoned vehicle my luck has never been that good. Glad you have it safe but parking it there I think I would be chaining it a post of substantial portions
    Ernie

7. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Not premeditated ?????

1. tilt tray
    • licence plates on vehicle
    • scraped off 12 month rego sticker to March 2012!
    • parked in a driveway not in the street ........ otherwise anyone could have their car taken away by an 'opportunist".

Some "opportunist" took Wilfred and because he returned him, has not been charged ........

If he is a Coolum business identity as I was led to believe over the phone, he is a crook, in my opinion as he has lied to the police about a few details in his story.

I am seeking advice whether it is worth still pursuing after being away the last week and a half. Will keep people informed as to what happens if any further action is advised.

Cheers
    Brett

8. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Unbelievable!!!! of course it was premeditated...but he obviously thought it had been abandoned and then when he realsied not.....hmmm how would he know that?!!! had a guilty concience and brought him back!

I'm a supporter( some of the time!!!) of the police and dont envy their job..or I was...until my daughter was threatened with a taser gun here in Coolum, police called around, statement given, asked for a written one and for her to come to the station, they never contacted her again!!!!!...and she gave them the name and details of the pool company on the ute!!!!! My daughter 21 and a nervous wreck!

As for me....mobile in hand talking...yes illegal...talking to a palliative clients wife, in a work car...told the cop circumstance, knew I was a nurse...fined ...$300 and 3 points...

So all in all, lost a little faith in our local constabulary!

Brett, if you have the time, energy and of course money...persue it in my opinion!

9. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

I was a suppoter of the police until I came to Australia and realized they don't have such things as community policing, no cops assigned to a certain beat to build up a working relationship with the people that live in that area.
    The police are now just tax collectors, it's not the police officers fault, I believe most do join thinking they are helping the community then realise they are tax collectors for the government.
    Dave

10. The Brewmaster

Please do not think I am chastising the policeforce as it was such quick action that got the ute returned to home.

I am dirty on the liar and thief who spun a story to the police.

The police are really stretched over a huge area up here on the coast and do the absolute best they can with the resources they have in staff, rosters and mobility to get to any crime.

If everyone did the right thing then the Police would not be so stretched .......... perhaps it goes back to how people are brought up.

Growing up most of us are taught to do the right thing or face the consequences of your actions if you do something wrong.

Unfortunately there seems to be a growing number of people these days who think that they are above the law. Such attitudes create stress in areas like policing and take valuable resources to deal with it.

Would be nice if the police service was not so stretched and could do more community policing but then that goes back to people doing the right thing doesn't it?

Hats off to the police service for the hard job they face each shift. Good on you guys and gals.

11. TheYorkieBar

TheYorkieBar Active Member

I agree Mate

12. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Like I said, I dont envy their job at all wouldnt do it for all the tea in China!! didnt think for a minute you were chastising! but why do the police not pursue further? surely they must know its a cock and bull story?

Its a crying shame that community policing is really a thing of the past and like everything else, times change and it we the public have to move on with it, I'm sure the police are as frustrated as the public...Government have a lot to answer for when it comes to the public services in Australia and not just police!

Yes hats off to them...but when I see every day on my travels, cops hiding behind trees, on hills etc etc with there speed guns,you all know of them, then that makes my blood boil!

13. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

I agree with Dave... it seems that by and large, the only crimes that attract the attention of the constabulary these days are those that stand to make the government another easy few dollars. I understand that in Qld, especially on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast it is a case of gross under-staffing and under-resourcing that plays a huge part in reducing the effectiveness of the force. It's still an unacceptable set of circumstances, but realistically, I am sure most do the best job they can... I say most, as regardless of what anybody says, there are bad eggs and dead wood in any organisation, and the Police Force is no exception. I know this from experience... seriously, don't get me started on the AFP in Canberra.

What gets me however, is that on a quiet tuesday night at 3am in Nowra when almost nothing is happening at all on the scanner, the police can't even be bothered to send a car out to deal with a teenager waking up half the street on an unregistered, unroadworthy motorbike, who has been known to pull a knife on an ex-housemate of mine that confronted him, however a few hours earlier they were happy to waste time doing laps of my shop waiting for either my boss or I to rip a skid after somebody had reported a car doing burnouts in the area??? Why is this? No doubt because it's easier and more financially beneficial to try and slap a fine for driving offences on an unarmed, licensed adult in a massive Ford or Jeep in the CBD with nowhere to run, than it is to arrest a minor on an unregistered bike on the edge of town... especially if said little deadshit happens to be armed. :wtf:

And don't even get me started on the total lack of local Police interest when it came to taking action on a local gang member who assaulted my sister and I for no reason.... in fact the cop assigned to my case told me, off the record, that he had been instructed from above to disuade me from pressing charges, because they wanted to keep a good rap with this scumbag and didnt want to be causing trouble with bikies.... wtf??? :mad:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  14. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Oh Dear sorry to hear about your sister...just shocking!! I dont think we're the only one with stories but like someone said good and bad in every profession.

Feel we have to stop here now though as its just going to get into a debate about bad policing and cause bad feelings just so some of us can vent our frustrations.

In nursing, everything we do has to be based on evidence based practice, excellent documentation and common sense. Legal action can be taken against us and documentation cab be used in a court of law up to 20 years after an event !!!...

from now on, should I or my family in the event of any incidence where police are involved, like the tazer episode!! I will be getting the police names, their ID numbers and station and will request follow up on any incident and if not ,I will want to know why!!!

15. RatCamper

RatCamper New Member

I've known people which have become police and even then I'm not a big supporter because of quite a few times they have let down a lot of people or done some strange things because of who has been lining their pockets.

The ones here seem to be pretty good though, to the point of being over-zealous. I can live with that. Mostly because they haven't decided that I'm some kind of supervillain or something like in other places I've lived. I've circumvented the years of being chastised before realising I'm not very interesting.

All I can say is I'm glad your ute was recovered and in one piece but something sure smells rotten to me. You are far more level headed than me too for sure. Well, at least your SC isn't rusting away in the U.K. like most VWs.

GPS is starting to look like a great idea. I know no-one could take mine without something happening. But once it's re-reg'd it's different. It won't always be parked in, and behind a fence.

I hope you have taken measures to stop it from being taken again. Like chaining it to an eyelet cast into the driveway, and a taipan nest in the treasure chest.

16. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

I do think the police have one of the worst jobs around, try telling a family their child isn't coming home due to a car accident.
    But here is my point, the police don't make the laws. They only uphold them.
    If they have not got enough staff they cannot attend every call out.
    It's not the police officers it's the government.
    I know now in SA that if you have a break in they will not attend unless the burglar is still on the premises?
    All they will do is give you a police incident report number for your insurance company.
    Yet they will have officers on speed traps/ radar sites.
    And yes they do have a quota of tickets they have to issue per month.
    Again as in life it's all about the cash.
    Dave

17. The Brewmaster

Just a post to let people know ........Wilfred has been moved by Col and myself this afternoon and clearly there was more sus stuff

the licence plate had been removed and put back on with roofing screws.

all the stickers had been scraped off as well as the 12 month rego sticker

the engine which Col and I had been playing with had been tinkered with so that it started ....... which it could not do before due to a LPG problem ...... so a person who knows about gas had played with it.

Something is clearly not right

18. RatCamper

RatCamper New Member

Hm. Almost sounds like a net gain where the motor was concerned. I'd be talking to the police about that and the other alterations. Odds are they won't do anything but there's a chance it'll go on record somewhere.
    Who'd be stupid enough to try to resell something so unique on the local market? Probably not someone that could repair an LPG system. It is so lucky it was found quickly.

I can't say whether it was OE or something that a PO had done but my daily driver Ford has these little serials and barcodes embedded on all the panels and quite a few other things. I think there are other far more advanced methods these days like microdots and possibly RFID stickers (maybe I'm imagining that one) which while don't help with theft can help with proving it is yours if something does happen and it needs to be positively identified as yours.
    Mine would be easy because it's so battle scarred and unique that there is no way to hide its identity. A nice clean straight example on the other hand can be disguised far more easily.

19. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

The whole point is you have to prove "intent"
    Intent to steal it, to deprive the owner of his goods?
    Now in my book taking it off a driveway and removing the rego shows intent.
    Ask the cops about that one??
    Dave