Straddie Van Camping

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Kafermeister, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Kafermeister

Kafermeister Member

Hi,

I saw there was an existing thread about accommodation on Nth Straddie, but can anyone recommend sites for camping in the van on Straddie?

Thanks
    Peter

2. VZR69

VZR69 Active Member

Its a bit 'formal' but cylinder beach camp ground is a nice spot and close to the pub but there was limited caravan/campervan spots . You will have to check current info because I haven't camped there for years.
    If you don't mind being a little bit further from Point Lookout then Adder Rock camping ground has a lot more room to move and I think you can pick whatever spot you want. They are now run by mainland council so don't know how much has changed.
    All I know is that you wont want to leave straddy.

3. No1 Rocket

No1 Rocket New Member

We've just returned from having two weeks over there, (not in the VW), my pick in the T3 would be the caravan/camping ground at Amity Point. Lovely flat ground, shade, and right on the water. Cylinder Beach Camping ground has a very small number of sites stable for a van, it is nearly all tent sites only, bollards all round the tent sites. Adder Rock camping area is the largest campground, and was very full last week. Where ever you go, it will be lovely!

4. Kafermeister

Kafermeister Member

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. Planning to make it over as soon as I can so I’ll report how it goes. Thanks!