1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Machine Show and Shine in Ballina NSW

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Nov 23, 2008.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

11th January 09

Ballina Rugby League Grounds
    Kingsford Smith Drive
    Ballina
    New South Wales 2478

Vintage and verteran car enthusiasts will gather at Ballina for the annual North Coast Street Machine's Show and Shine event.

More than 200 vehicles - from muscle cars to classic Holdens and Cadillacs to Hot Rods and Motor Bikes are expected to be on display.

Yet, there's lots more to it than beautiful cars: The event is also a charity fundraiser and includes trade displays and entertainment, rock 'n' roll dancing and competitions for the kids.

2. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Last time I went was 2005 I think ?? was a good show and to top i off I even won a trophy for my 58 split.
    Well worth a visit

3. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

sounds good

and not to far away from the goldie...sounds good:D

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

I will be entering this year in M & it would be great if a few KC members came to this....would be nice to see a few beautiful kombis come along...its a great day
    Judy

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Do you enter on the day Judy? if yes what time do you need to be there by?
    Adrian and I have been once but not in the kombi, it was well worth the drive.

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

M
    You just roll up & enter on the day...be VERY early as their are so many cars wanting to enter...
    Last time I went at around quarter to 7 & their was a line up.
    Judy

7. Archeress

Archeress Guest

i think we might come along...i will still be on hols and so will celia..

8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Thanks Judy I will mark it down on the calender, but give it a bit more thought. With the time difference it would be a real early start for us.We would have to leave home before 5am to be there by 7am NSW time.

9. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Just a reminder...
    If you want to put you car on display...we are planning to meet EARLY outside this venue so all VW's that do enter can be with each other & not scattered all over the grounds...
    Will post up a meeting time closer to the date.
    PLEASE NOTE: to consider the time difference for people coming from Qld (NSW is 1hour ahead)
    Judy

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I will be going to this Judy, just let us know times. :)

12. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Celia and i will be there also...we have to be home by the 12th so 11th at balinna works...see you all there..

13. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Local paper info on the show...

Car Buffs Strut their Stuff

[​IMG]Gearing up for the North Coast Street Machine Show-n-Shine this Sunday are North Coast Street Machine Inc members with just some of the stunning vehicles that will be on show.
    Terra Sword
    If you're into cars, then the annual North Coast Street Machine Show-n-Shine in Ballina this Sunday, January 12, is the place to be.
    The Show-n-Shine will feature hundreds of cars including street machines, vintage and veteran cars, hot rods, bikes, special interest vehicles and even some old racing cars.
    The event is now in its 14th year and North Coast Street Machine spokesperson, Kevin Woolard, said the group is hoping this Sunday's meeting at Ballina rugby league ground will be the biggest and best yet.
    "We're expecting more than 200 cars and over 4,000 people - if it's a fine day we should break the record for the biggest show yet," Kevin said. "There's just such a huge variety of vehicles - some that have been restored to showroom condition, others that have been modified with new bits and pieces so they're almost completely different and everything else in between. It's a fun, inexpensive day out for the family and a chance to see just how much money we waste on cars!"
    As well as looking at the magnificent machines on display there are plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy, including demonstrations by The Summerland Rockers, drag-the-car races, a variety of automotive trade displays and amusements for the kids, like a jumping castle and merry-go-round.
    Entrants can arrive from 6.30am, but no later than 8.30am (there are more than 80 prizes up for grabs). The Show-n-Shine is then open to the public from 9am to 4pm, and entry is just $4 (no extra charge for show entrants). Some of the proceeds will go to the Our Kids Northern Rivers Children's Health Fund.

14. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

As Kel & Celia will be "in the neighbourhood" that day,
    a BBQ (for KC Members ) will be at my place AFTER the show...
    So to all that are going to the Car Show, BYO meat, drinks, etc & drop on over...:)
    A nice way to end a great day :)
    Judy

15. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Sounds great Judy...thanks, I'll be there:) I want my pic taken with the moose :lol:

16. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Dunno lorraine...moose is pretty picky these days..:D

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

[​IMG] ahh...pics with a moose...where else could you get that...only on KC...
    J x

18. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

ok will hopefully get down for this one, flat out at the moment keeping two stores supplied with fire gear over christmas.

19. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Thats great to hear Glo...hope to see you there
    Judy

20. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)