suggestions for Klub Fest 2008

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2008 - Gold Coast' started by Roy, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

While Klubfest 2007 was a great success, there are a few things that can be done differently for 2008.
    Post your suggestions here
    Cheers

2. kom123

kom123 New Member

Have it closer to Sydney!!! :D

3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Suggestion #1.
    Have someone (or a big sign) at the top first entrance gate of the showgrounds directing everybody to go down the right side of the buildings around the side to the field entrance..
    As people didn't know where we were or which way to go when they got there....
    Judy

4. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Some ideas....

Roy
    Here are some thoughts you might like to consider for next year.....

• A Winners' Podium so that people can see the Category Winners all lined up together!
    • Try to get more Trade Displays to come along.....know its early days and it might be some competition but the more VW stuff for sale the better
    • If over two days why not organise a massive Kombi Konvoy and the same with the Beatles and Karman Ghias etc on the Saturday ring the Newspapers and TV Stations and get some great publicity to get Klubfest bigger and bigger each year.
    • Could even have a pre Klubfest Convoy for publicity purposes and advertising!
    • Miss VW Competition (I volunteer to be a judge!) and for the ladies Mr VW as well!
    • Most Fanatical VW'er
    • Little Miss VW and Junior VW'er
    • Competition for Most Suited Vehicle/Owner
    • Recognition of the KC Member of the Year
    • How to do this .........workshops......like they hold in Bunnings........multiple topics you could choose from.
    • Kombi/Beatle/Ghia/etc Games
    • Kombi Bar at night or even a Festhaus!!!!!!! Octoberfest in June....Steins and beer......ompaha, ompaha,.......
    • DJ for the Saturday Night
    • Kombi Barrista Bar during the day especially for a morning kick start to the day.
    • Line up of the different localities of attendees....Gold Coast/Northern NSW, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, etc, etc,.....photo opportunities and publicity.

These are just off the top of my head but it may spark some further comment and bounce some better ideas around this thread than mine.

Looking on the Internet at some of the VW Shows in the US and the UK might give some more ideas. Got to cater for all tastes and develop the ever growing VW Community.

Also have to be innovative and catch the interest of not only the VW Community but also the wider public!

Perhaps you should consider even hiring a PR Company to put something together from the suggestions you like Roy.

Well here's a start anyway.......

Brett

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Onya Brett - all good suggestions. :)

I definitely second the Kombi Barista Bar for Saturday and Sunday mornings - hell, all day. Also, it seemed a waste to have so many VWs just in the one place - think it's a great idea for a Kombi Konvoy to the beach or somewhere to advertise KlubFest, give the people a bit of a show, and share the love.

Workshops would be fantastic, and I'm sure they'd have a lot of interest, especially to fill in the Saturday daytime if people are down there camping for 2 days.

Roy, I realise your hands were probably tied over the food available (as that's what Parklands provides and that's it), but if we could have some decent food next year it would be great. I know a few food providers who could provide sushi, French-style pizzas etc to give it a bit more variety.

6. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Maybe not next year but the year after maybe you could come to Tas?

And on a serious note, how long (kombi hours) to drive from Melb to Klubfest?

7. The Brewmaster

More suggestions.......

Roy
    Some more suggestions again in my quest to avoid some work
    • A huge marquee/undercover area for the overnighters to have a place to catch up together over the two nights (eg like Canberra) ........ and in the possibility of having wet weather!
    • More trade displays for the sake of Klubfest as people like variety
    • Band/DJ for entertainment on Friday and or Saturday nights
    • Evening Kombi Kruise down the coast before the KC members start to drink! and before anyone says anything we could drop by Dan Murphy's or First Choice!
    • Kombi/KG/Beatle/Buggie Games
    • Magical Mystery Tour/Kruize
    • Gold Coast Meter Maids!!!!!!! in Klubfest bikinis.....
    • Raffles with prizes being drawn over the entire weekend and not just at the death of the event! So many people have to hit the road to go home!

As I think of more I will post them Roy!

8. vwmad

vwmad New Member

I agree with KOM123,closer to sydney would be nice????

9. The Brewmaster

More Ideas.....

More Ideas.....

• Klubfest Polo Shirt
    • KC Hawaiian Shirt
    • Still like the idea of Gold Coast Meter Maids wandering around Klubfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Band from VW Action Day for night time entertainment
    • Most unique Daily Driver - Vehicle or Driver!!!
    • Make Klubfest on the Gold Coast a mini BusStop at Canberra or Eden!

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Yes Brett that band from Action day were great!!!
    See if we can get them for KlubFest...
    Judy

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Roy, you have the power and 'the card'. I third Brett and Judy's suggestion about the band - they really were great.

They would be fantastic for night time entertainment so that those of us who are camping and want to have a bit of a party can do it all together at the one spot, rather than being spread all around the site like we were last time. Bring people together Roy. You know you want to. ;)

12. noons99

noons99 New Member

I like bretts idea about the meter maids, Oh and his other ones too lol. but the METER MAIDS! haha great ideas brett, keep em coming, u could almost run the thing with this many ideas :)

13. Archeress

Archeress Active Member

shhhhhh NOONY BABY.....he has a plan....

14. Roy

The 2008 Klub Fest logo's will be ready this week.
    We are going to make Klubfest 08 THE biggest show in Australia.
    Brett we will have to catch up and have a chat.
    Saturday night will be party night, bands ect
    we set the banch mark this year, only one way to go and thats higher

15. Roy

Kyra - We will beexploring options for catering

Scott - Cant move Klubfest but who knows whats in store in the future

Brett -

• A Winners' Podium so that people can see the Category Winners all lined up together! - yes we will be organising a winners line-up
    • Try to get more Trade Displays to come along.....know its early days and it might be some competition but the more VW stuff for sale the better - its my major gripe that some established shops did not participate on the day, hopefully next year we will attract other retailers and displays. Thanks to those that did support Klubfest tis year.
    • If over two days why not organise a massive Kombi Konvoy and the same with the Beatles and Karman Ghias etc on the Saturday ring the Newspapers and TV Stations and get some great publicity to get Klubfest bigger and bigger each year. Will look into it
    • Could even have a pre Klubfest Convoy for publicity purposes and advertising!
    • Miss VW Competition (I volunteer to be a judge!) and for the ladies Mr VW as well! Could have this on the Saturday and have the winners award the trophies ect on the Sunday
    • Most Fanatical VW'er
    • Little Miss VW and Junior VW'er
    • Competition for Most Suited Vehicle/Owner
    • Recognition of the KC Member of the Year
    • How to do this .........workshops......like they hold in Bunnings........multiple topics you could choose from. There will be more display stands similar to Custom City's pinstriping
    • Kombi/Beatle/Ghia/etc Games Saturday agenda
    • Kombi Bar at night or even a Festhaus!!!!!!! Octoberfest in June....Steins and beer......ompaha, ompaha,....... Working on it, tried to get the German Club on board this year but it was too short a notice
    • DJ for the Saturday Night
    • Kombi Barrista Bar during the day especially for a morning kick start to the day. Marguee is being sought for Saturday night for KC Party DJ's, bands ect
    • Line up of the different localities of attendees....Gold Coast/Northern NSW, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, etc, etc,.....photo opportunities and publicity.
    • A huge marquee/undercover area for the overnighters to have a place to catch up together over the two nights (eg like Canberra) ........ and in the possibility of having wet weather!
    • More trade displays for the sake of Klubfest as people like variety
    • Band/DJ for entertainment on Friday and or Saturday nights
    • Evening Kombi Kruise down the coast before the KC members start to drink! and before anyone says anything we could drop by Dan Murphy's or First Choice!
    • Kombi/KG/Beatle/Buggie Games
    • Magical Mystery Tour/Kruize
    • Gold Coast Meter Maids!!!!!!! in Klubfest bikinis.....
    • Raffles with prizes being drawn over the entire weekend and not just at the death of the event! So many people have to hit the road to go home!
    • Klubfest Polo Shirt
    • KC Hawaiian Shirt
    • Still like the idea of Gold Coast Meter Maids wandering around Klubfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Band from VW Action Day for night time entertainment
    • Most unique Daily Driver - Vehicle or Driver!!!
    • Make Klubfest on the Gold Coast a mini BusStop at Canberra or Eden!
    All the above are good ideas and most are being planned, there will definately be entertainment over the weekend. It has been mentioned that Saturday night should be a theme night, and no Brett its not going to be bikini wear !!!

16. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Excellent news Roy - food is very dear to my heart, after all. :D

17. Roy

I have received his entry for 'Mr VW' and for 'Mrs VW'

18. Doc

Doc Active Member

Roy I will need a First Aid Post If Andy's in costume as well as an industrial quantity of sedatives as well a several very large couches for debriefing those with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.....We could just gaffer tape all the inapropriate parts ohhhhhh that would smart coming off. Boys From Brazil
    Doc

19. The Brewmaster

Roy

Just an idea but how about an official unveiling of a KC Hawaiian Shirt on that theme night at Klubfest!

20. Necro

Necro Active Member

Good evening Chaps.....

Oi Andy what are you doing here....get out....
    Go on....back to Nimbin with you....
    We don't do chaps here....

Hey Roy....

Bit promotional, but also handy to anyone wanting to find out how....
    I am willing to run a poptop canvas installation at Klubfest....

If some one up there wants to buy a poptop canvas at klubfest...
    I will install it for free on Sat...and show anyone interested how to do it....

Sort of a poptop canvas installation workshop....
    pm me if you are intersted....

And I vote no to chaps....loincloths maybe....but chaps....

I don't think so.