Sunday the 10th At Mannum Sth Aust, Kombi Cruise.all welcome

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by chris taylor, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa , not sure Mannum could handle a lot kombis in one hit , i thought there would be a lot of people having bbqs,and no where to park, and so on, but it was very quiet ,not many people wandering around at all,
    Any rate see what happens next year, maybe have a bit earlier ,this one was a bit to close to xmas perhaps .

melissa likes this.
  2. chris taylor

Grantus , Mannum is a very pretty place , extremely well maintained and the park right on the water front makes it very inviting , it has a lot going for it if they were to promote it a bit more , Jurgen did mention the other side of the river ,well its ok but its more like a camping area ,no lawns just dirt ,willow and gum trees, there are amenities there,such as toilets but no showers ,but a quick swim in the river solves that problem, its where a lot of people and young ones go camping ,but its ok , life is what you make it i guess.

BrianK likes this.
  3. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

Maybe next year we all camp over the other side and then raid the carpark on the town side on Sunday! And I promise not to be picking up a rusty wreck on what ever weekend you set!
    Maybe said Rusty Wreck may be the car we come down in! ;)

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Maybe try Coonalpyn or possibly Kingston next time Chris. Try and make it a Friday Saturday 2 night stay. 9890E45F-E993-4417-AE4C-4028870D4348.png

chris taylor likes this.
  5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Policeman’s point used to be where we used to go back about 10 years ago, used to get about 15 or so kombis. Development stuffed that up and still nothing done there.

6. chris taylor

I would like to give Mannum another go ,only this time i will put the details on the CORRECT site and a lot EARLIER, This town does have a lot going for it and is well worth the effort to get there.

7. chris taylor

Yep your right mate , gone past its used by date i think.

8. chris taylor

Brian ,Kingston i reckon would be ok mate .Couple of good pubs for a feed, fuel , bakery , and a good jetty for those who like to drop a line.
    Havnt they just done the caravan park up or made it bigger to cater for motor homes , i sort of recall reading something to that effect, i know they were camping down by the jetty at one time for some reason, must do a check.and let you know...

9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

We were at Kingston couple weekends ago mate. The free camp site opposite the jetty is now $10 for 48hours stay. Toilets available but no showers. Payment is by credit card or only takes coins, it’s like those parking machine things. Pubs close by also nice fish and chip shop.

10. wombatventures

All sound good. We'll come down your way... I'm a Beachport fan... Been away from there for way to long.

11. chris taylor

I did the fish and chip shop once ,yep not bad at all ,albeit a bit expensive i thought, but a good feed all the same.

Free parking is now $10, thats ok i guess. Rapid bay is much the same now but they do have bbqs, playground for the kids, and its right on the foreshore ,and it is all lawned . used to be $6 a night per person but that could have changed by now ,havnt been there for ages.

12. chris taylor

You would like Rapid bay mate ,used to be good fishing once but its gone off a bit now ,the last few times i was there did no good at all ,usually plenty of squid if you like that type of thing. gets very busy at the holiday season hard to get a spot sometimes , no allocation of sites ,just first in best dressed. No fires either. Gas bbqs ok and the same for those bricket things ,but definitely no wood fires,
    Clean and green is the go there.

13. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Say when and where and we'll be there :cool:

14. wombatventures

What about after summer holidays. Feb/March. Schools back, not as many around, still warm.
    Rapid Bay sounds good too... Haven't been there for 20 years!

15. chris taylor

16. chris taylor

This sounds ok to me :), anyone else got an opinion about this site , ya or na . It is open for discussion you know .:D:D:D:D:D freedom of speech does apply . yeh.

17. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Early feb ok 4 us. We heading to tassie 24 feb till 29 march

chris taylor likes this.
  18. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

Rapid Bay - good
    Mannum - good
    Liked both, would easily go to both again.

chris taylor likes this.
  19. chris taylor

Ok then , lets work towards early Feb and at Rapid bay and see where we go from there.
    we have about 7 weeks to work on it.

Wattie likes this.
  20. wombatventures