1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunshine Coast Crew Get Together

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Brewmaster, Jun 8, 2008.

1. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Sunshine Coast Crew Get Together.....

.......just to establish the thread for members to know where it is ........

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

Sunny coast

No pictures Bret

3. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Imagine if they held a meeting and no one came.

4. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Look....not a kombi in sight.

[​IMG]

5. The Brewmaster

Give me a chance people!

Give me a chance people!

Have to upload some photos to photobucket first .....

Patience is a virtue you know! ;) ........especially when you load the first 10 photos up to photobucket in avatar size :eek:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  6. Archeress

Archeress Guest

did you leave the lens cap on brett?

7. The Brewmaster

Hardy ha ha ha ......

Hardy ha ha ha ...... what is it .....Pick on Brett Day?

Only two cameras there and mine was one of them. Took 50 or so pics so am uploading now.

Everyone is a comedian..... ;)

Patience, patience Kelly and not Glen's wife Kellie who will be in a pic or two of the day.

8. The Brewmaster

Here are some pics ...... finally .......

Here are some pics ...... finally

Glen's, Jonno's and Randal's buses

[​IMG]

Well today was the start of regular monthly meetings of the Sunshine Coast Crew. On a bleak and occasionally drissly day and with Klubfest only a week away only a few diehards caught up ...... but out of small things larger things emerge!

Glen and Jonno met for a surf session at 8.00 am at Cottontree and were joined by Gerard who had made the trip up from Brisbane. What a trooper ..... and he declined an invitation to go to a party last night too. That's dedication for you and we thank you for your support Gerard. Thanks mate!

Glen and Jono with Harper and Mars in the background

[​IMG]

Some of us could not make it to the surf session as we had family commitments. Randal was one and I was the other.

Being kombiless at the moment (Wilfred up at Geoff's at Maryborough and Otis down on holiday on the Gold Coast with our friends) I was supposed to arrive in Vera the 72 Beetle with Col. Logistical problem fitting a 9 foot 5 longboard or even my 8 footer 7 S so we arrived closer to 11.00am. But in true Minister of War and Finace fashion Toni changed plans at the last minute so Col and I turned up in a Landcruiser Ute! I think Toni was worried about turning up to a 4 year old Kindy Birthday Party without Vera the 72 Beetle! Mind you she spent all day in the 'cruiser yesterday ..... and with Col too! ha ha

Speaking of Col here is one pic shoing him holding court as usual

[​IMG]

By then Glen's wife Kellie and their three children had set up for some nibblies and later Randal/kombiboys with his wife Denise and middle son Bill arrived a little later. Youngest son Gordie was at a party himself. These kids have a great social calendar don't they?

Kelly, Luka and Polly with Mars sniffing about at the River side Park at Cottontree

[​IMG]

Have a look at some pics and you will see the start of something that looks very familar wherever there is a kombi get together anywhere in the world .... talking, looking at under around kombis and lots of laughs.

There were a few suggestions for the next get together of the Sunshine Coast Crew and a Coffee Cruise to Coolum or Beers in Bellvista were possible options ...... but hey we live on the Sunshine Coast so we're very flexible!

Any suggestions will be decided by consensus but there are a lot of surfers ...... hmmmmm

9. The Brewmaster

Here are some more pics ....

Here are some more pics ....

Col checking Glen's bus looking for a leak source. Jonno and Glen looking on. Kellie thought it was hilarious and also took pics instead of a more serious subject. Kellie and Luka are in the background. As you can see it was getting to that time when I had to take Col back to the institution at Tandar. Can't stay out too long you know! Luckily Glen is a GP so we could carefully monitor Col's progress ........ wonder how long until he reads this and gives me a serve .......he, he, he .......

[​IMG]

Myrtle's new number plate. Cool one Jonno

[​IMG]

The kombiboys current kombi with Randal, Denise and Bill along today. Jonno as well.

[​IMG]

Col and Gerard Harper on the bike in the background and Polly on the picnic bench

[​IMG]

10. The Brewmaster

And some more pics ....

And some more pics ....

The bay lineup

[​IMG]

Randal and Jonno having a chat

[​IMG]

Twin Empi Exhaust on Glen's bay.

[​IMG]

Jono's rearview window sticker display

[​IMG]

11. The Brewmaster

Glen and Jonno's buses

[​IMG]

Love this sticker

[​IMG]

Randal's antenna ball

[​IMG]

The rear og Glen's bus

[​IMG]

12. The Brewmaster

Forgive me Roy for the Cruiser Ute .....

Forgive me Roy for the Cruiser Ute ...... for I know not what I to do!

[​IMG]

With Wilfred in Maryborough and Otis still down on the Gold Coast there were no kombis at home and none of our other three at Col's were ready to roll.

Cheers
    Brett

13. The Brewmaster

Still some more pics .....

Still some more pics .....

Nice rear views

[​IMG]

Another shot of the Twin Empis

[​IMG]

Glen's bus

[​IMG]

Myrtle becoming more of a surf bus .........

[​IMG]

14. The Brewmaster

But the pic of the Day has to be this ....

But the pic of the Day has to be this ....

Surely this capture what kombis are about ...... and Col .....

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Brett

15. The Brewmaster

Hopefully Glen's wife Kelly will post some of her pics of the day

Hopefully Glen's wife Kelly will post some of her pics of the day ..... please ......

16. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

great pics brett
    small turnout - dodgy surf conditions and windy rain squalls - then the sun came out and i met KC members in person for the first time
    kids and wife and dog suitably bored by volsification
    johnno and i had a mini kombi convoy from the beach to the park and we given a big peace sign by a heavily bearded bloke in the street market

it was a good start

"from little things big things grow !!!"

lets make it regular and get more members along!

i'll ask kellie to post her pics too

17. The Brewmaster

Too easy Glen

Too easy Glen

Love to see some of Kelly's pics especially her version of the pic/scene of the day of you guys down on the ground looking at your bus.

Next time we need to have more wives and kids along and some suitable distractions like markets or shops or swings etc ....... hmmmmmm.

The split session looked like it worked well ..... surf session and then the non surfers arrive for a later start. In the future we will get some up from the Gold Coast and Brisbane so the later start might work into the surfers' favour.

Cheers mate and look forward to some pics from a not quite yet volksified person ..... your lovely wife Kelly..... It's only a matter of time until they come over to the Dark Side!

Cheers
    Brett

18. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Good to see the word ..volksification in use...oh and i think brett that glens wifes name spelling is kellie...not kelly..could get confusing if should a miracle ever happen..you know what i mean.

19. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

Hey Brett
    Great photo's from an amateur LOL
    Great day had by all looking foward to the next get together
    shall post some pics shortly

20. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Hello all

Cheers for the pics Brett . Yes it was good to put names to faces, needs to be done more offten:) good to meet new people with same things in common (kombis/vws/beer/coffie/surfing/etc etc) Hope to get down to Klub fest on sunday if anyone is convoying down that way let us know id love to join up . Thanks again every one for a good morning hopfully next tme Glean and Geard we get better surf.

Thanks Brett for Ajs number ill lock it in my ph

Cheers jono:p