Surf Shop Kombi

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by joel268, Jul 28, 2007.

1. joel268

joel268 New Member

The local surf shop chain in tassie (red Herring) has a red and white bay window kombi on the roof. It has stores all over tas but only the ones in Launceston and Hobart have a kombi on the roof. We are going up that way tomorrow so i will try to get a pic

2. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

What a waste of a Kombi! Then again if they're like our local surf shops the closest surf product you'll get is a bikini (overpriced), boardshorts (overpriced), or sunglasses ( I can get 2 pairs of perscription polarized or transitional for less). And the staff wouldn't know a thruster from a malibu.

oldman likes this.
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Had a neighbour a few years ago that was part owner in Stash H**** (a surf shop). Yeah... we all know what a stash is;) & they did!!! Most was all overpriced gear & from China. He was shipping 1 million units a year at ridiculous mark ups:oops:. Unbelievable but true:p. Why didn't I think of that venture:(.
    Agreed but it is marketing & that's what is driving values unfortunately:(. But now we know where to get some good 'cuts' to fix our buses;). Midnight spares:oops: . Who said that:confused::oops::rolleyes::p:D?
    Cheers

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I am more amazed that you can support a whole Kombi like that, (assuming it’s a real Kombi - not a fibreglass replica), on a shop awning....o_O

5. David H

Thankfully some engineer has passed that:p:oops:.

So relieved;). Never seen a bridge fall down:rolleyes:.
    Cheers

6. Grantus

Engineer required weight saving, by removing the door handles & side mirror glass, to pass.....? o_O

7. David H

That'd do it every time. 5 kg be the 'tipping point';):p. Tail gate & engine handles still there. What do you reckon the hubcaps weigh?
    Cheers

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

The way surf retail is going, it’s probably the wisest investment the owner has made in a loooog time !
    Cheers,
    Mark

Grantus likes this.
  9. Grantus

I see they also have another at their Hobart shop.

B5258F36-9C62-48E0-813E-B1FC628C03AF.jpeg

Sahara Hilton likes this.
  10. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Malibu would be an alcoholic drink and a thruster :confused::eek: well that'd come after 2 many Malibu's :rolleyes:o_O

11. bruce hh

bruce hh Member

They currently have an ad running on Tasmanian tv with a nice, mobile version of a T2 in the same colour scheme featured.

12. wombatventures

wombatventures Active Member

Hmm good movie that, must look it out. :rolleyes:
    :D
    Teenie Bopper kids serving at our local "Surf Shops" would probably get that Bert!

Funny story... went into a "Surf Shop" (Surf Dive n Ski)
    in Tea Tree Plaza shopping centre before xmas and asked for a leg rope for the SUP board... Young lad working there goes... "We don't sell surf gear!"
    Huh! - WTF!o_O

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    David H and Grantus like this.
  13. Grantus

I went into a department store yesterday, to buy one item they have on their website.

Unfamiliar with their layout, I asked a female staff member, (I checked the uniform matched the store name first), where in the store the products are......

She said, “You could try over there behind the Appliance sign, in Homewares perhaps?”

Wasn’t in either area, and after walking around the whole store, (their evil plan perhaps to just buy a few more impulse items while I’m there), I eventually found the single item I was after, and was all that I bought.

Really shouldn’t have taken so much time, for a single $9 item.............. does online “click and collect” work better? o_O