1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sway bars

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by ahoogah, Aug 1, 2006.

1. ahoogah

ahoogah New Member

Gidday folks, has anyone had any experience with sway bars fitting to front / rear of bay kombi. I want to reduce the lurch effect, especially when passing FBT's. :wink:

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Fringe Benefits Tax :?: :shock:

3. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Hmm, know the feeling airhead. I'm interested to hear some answers for this, I was thinking of adding one myself.

4. blue bus

blue bus New Member

We fitted a sway bar under the back of our 76 kombi (only 8 bolts) and its amazing the differance it made to the handling and helping the kombi sit flat around corners.
    Rick

5. ahoogah

ahoogah New Member

Hey Blue Bus, did the sway bar make any noticable difference to over or under steer, and what diameter is the bar.

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

How much did sway bar cost
    Im putting HD landcruiser oil shocks [correct extension/compression lengths] on 74 to reduce nose pitching down n cornering About $100 pr

7. Schnidlee

Schnidlee Member

just bumping this old school thread to see what sway bars people are running? the bus stop sells creative but i have not heard anything about them. anyone running the creative sway bars? what are they like? if you have a different brand what are they and what are they like? cheers
    matt

8. jman

jman New Member

I got a Whiteline front sway bar.
    Very nice.

9. redhotchilliwilli

redhotchilliwilli New Member

ive just installed the original sway bar to the front . just replaced the rubbers and brakets ,these were west coast metric ones and fit very snug .i cant say how the ride is as im still without engine . i never knew that there were different types so i hope the orginal works .
    rhcw

10. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Creative ? we sell heavyduty sway bars, they are not creatives though

11. Mafti

Mafti New Member

Hey Matt,
    I spoke to Kimm at Indian Auto re swaybars and handling. I went with his recommendation, which was, stay standard on the front and fit a rear swaybar. I bought them about six months ago and one day when I fit them I'll let you know my opinion.

Mafti

12. Schnidlee

Schnidlee Member

sorry roy, i specifically asked who made them and was told by the girl who i spoke to before purchasing it that they were made by creative! so what exactly have i spent $250 on then? cheers
    matt

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  13. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

They are heavy duty sway bars with Urethene bushings, very nice product indeed, rears are here now as well.

14. francispj

francispj Member

I fitted one of Roy's HD sway bays to the front and cannot believe the difference - Fantastic .Ratwell .com says that rear swaybars are of little benefit but I have never been in a bus with them so stand to be corrected