Syncro Camper Build

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by hdj80, Nov 2, 2016.

1. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Well The Pop top Syncro is getting a refit.
    New everything for the back....

This arrived today. Cannot wait to get home to see what the Delivery dudes delivered :)

Attached Files:

teethree, grantw, hairyman and 3 others like this.
  2. hdj80

hdj80 Member

I will be getting a bit done this weekend but thought I'd share a couple of pics of the kitchen in early stages..
    The cabinets are from ikea and are a little heavier than I would like however not that heavy to get to concerned about at present.. but really surprised how well they fit in .

2016-11-18 12.10.17.jpg 2016-11-18 12.09.28.jpg

hairyman, Weekender and MarcoLoco like this.
  3. hdj80

hdj80 Member

I had a big weekend fitting the cadinets etc still more work to go before I will post any more pics but going really well.

I have one question though.. I found these in a storeage area in the poptop and we are buggered if we know what they are used for. Any ideas?
    I don't think there would be any purpose under mattress and had T3 written in pencil on the end of one piece of ply...

2016-11-21 09.11.01_1479679949256_resized.jpg 2016-11-21 09.11.28_1479679948610_resized.jpg

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Upper bunk.

hdj80 likes this.
  5. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Upper Bunk - Really? :) I never thought of that wow... thanks for that it makes perfect sense... well I won't be needing those then since their is just two of us.. :)

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Can be handy for when you have a fight and its raining outside :).

Daughter had same and found it good when camped, for stacking gear that travelled on floor while driving .

hdj80 likes this.
  7. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Yes you have the camperize version of pop-top and these boards are sized perfectly to stow in there.

Without them you could store lots of things like towels, pillows etc - nothing heavy as it would rattle around and make your van - top heavy.

MarcoLoco and hdj80 like this.
  8. MarcoLoco

MarcoLoco Member

Can you give me the measurements of the boards? I built some slats myself for the bunk but they seem to be overkill when I look at the boards. How thick are the boards and what material are they? Plywood? Maybe I can get some of those ...

Cheers

Marc

9. hdj80

hdj80 Member

I'll get some measurments for you

10. teethree

teethree Member

I'd be interested as well as I'm about to make some too

hdj80 likes this.
  11. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Bed base
    3 of 1085mm x 330mm x 18mm

Plus the lid
    1 of 1090mm x 420mm x 18mm

2016-11-21 16.55.09.jpg 2016-11-21 16.58.40.jpg

Tasman likes this.
  12. hdj80

hdj80 Member

This weekend should have some good results... all the woodwork should be completed and then I can start into the wiring and plumbing....

2016-11-25 09.15.23_resized_1.png

Syncro27 and Mikaloski like this.
  13. Mikaloski

Mikaloski Member

Looking good mate, coming along nicely!

14. hdj80

hdj80 Member

I have managed to get most of the timber work done in the weekend and made the bed/seat narrower to fit in... :) that will eventually get reupholstered but atm leave as is.
    Next tasks are sanding everything back and stain it.
    Then start on all the 12v stuff… that is this weekend job..
    20161127_191432_1480281257481_resized.jpg 20161127_191441_1480281255692_resized.jpg 20161127_191447_1480281254519_resized.jpg 20161127_191458_1480281253051_resized.jpg
    I have ask Nick from Volksparts to get me a set of 15" wheels so I can fit some 215x75x15 BFG A/T's to it.
    I order a set (3 of) Awning mounts from Gowesty this morning - I'll fit a ARB Awning to them. so hopefully we'll have it in a campable state in a few weeks and for xmas :)
    Curtains arrived on Friday from the UK - Bloody awesome Green and White checks with pillow slips :)
    Question::::
    I have to work out what to do with curtain rails across the back door as there are none there? which makes me think that the door has been replaced? Just not sure what happened there...-- if anyone has a pic or can tell me how the rear curtain works that would be much appreciated...
    Anyway that is my Update :)

15. grantw

grantw Member

Coming up great.

My curtain rail is just popped riveted above the window - here's pic

[​IMG]Curtain track by Grant White, on Flickr

jaybe1001 and hdj80 like this.
  16. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Curtain rail is fitted - all the finishing done and wiring completed. I am really happy with the results so far...
    One big problem though the Brand new Waeco crx80 Fridge is broken - runs but does not cool - Damnit. :( So I have it at the repairers to look at and he seems to think it has a gas leak, so he is going to see if he can find it otherwise we'll be camping this xmas with a ARB portable fridge. Well if that all that happens excellent. trying not to let that worry me and it will either get fixed or replaced so eventually I'll have a going fridge.
    I fitted the awning in the weekend I got a 2.5 metre ARB awning and used just 2 of the Gowesty brackets as the one I planned to fitt in the middle could be a problem and may hit the sliding door so I have left it off atm, I did use the rivet nuts on them so they will be fine anyway. One other issue was that to get the top of the bracket to clamp into the gutter I had to cut away the area where the poptop which wasn't much of a hassle but something I diod not plan needed to be done. If anyone is interested I can take a couple of pics of that...
    Anyway I'll post some pics in a day or so... But regardless it is ready to go camping which is the main thing.. :)

I tend to have issues around Xmas time and the fridge not going is an example, a few years back I blew a Turbo on my 80 a week out from xmas goobye to $1.5k then the following year the engine went and spent $12k to fix that sucker just to get away for xmas, both times a huge effort by the mechanics only meant I missed a day in both cases.. so this time of year is a pita for me (well it seems) but this time I am prepared No Worries and I even have Roadside assist on the Syncro if something major breaks.. But it won't :)

Mikaloski, 13bvw and grantw like this.
  17. hdj80

hdj80 Member

The fridge had a gas leak whoohoo. Fixed and back in Syncro..

grantw and Grantus like this.
  18. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Well it's finally ready for it's first trip at the end of the week...

We have not decided on flooring yet but that will come later..

2016-12-27 06.10.05.jpg

jobell, grantw and Syncro27 like this.
  19. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good. Have a great trip and maybe I'll see it on the road.

Ian

hdj80 likes this.
  20. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Put a membrane between the timber and the steel floor to help avoid rust.

Where are you off to?

hdj80 likes this.