Syncro Camper Build

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by hdj80, Nov 2, 2016.

1. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Moruya South Coast with the rest of Canberra

2. hdj80

hdj80 Member

2017-01-02 21.20.20.jpg

We took it for a trip to the South Coast for the past 3 days and it drove far better than I had expected. Smooth quiet trip and no whining from the left of the van. No over heating going up the Clyde Mt it in fact drove perfectly. I am happy with the power it had and even though most hills slowed it up it did far better than I thought it would. I love it, and the work I did fitting it out was spot on again no complaints from the mrs. So after 5 years as a reck in a machanics yard it is a goer again and will be have a great future with us camping/vanning .

3. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

That's great to hear that it went well.

Ian

4. Helen Grimson

Helen Grimson Member

5. Helen Grimson

Helen Grimson Member

Where did you buy your curtains in the UK? Do they fit the original rails?
    Van is looking great. Awesome and exciting isn't it!

hdj80 likes this.
  6. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

7. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Email Andrea below and check that she will do them for you, I have not seen other curtains before but we cannot fault these they really nicely hand made and as promised we have some matching cushions and curtain ties. they have the strip along the top for you to fit the hooks... One thing I did (and regardless of what curtains I think you will get) is the tailgate curtain hangs down away from the tailgate, I have mounted to the tailgate a hook on either side and run elastic across the hooks so when the curtains are closed you tuck the curtain behind the elastic eleminating the gap and puts the curatin against the tailgate. Works really well..

Andrea Chadwick <handmadeinheaven@live.com>

Price to custom make a full set to fit your T25 is £135.00 plus UK postage of £12.90.
    The measurments I work to are:
    68 x 26 (two curtains for the cabin)
    60 x 26 (two curtains for the tail gate)
    50 x 26 (four curtains for the side windows)
    All curtains to be fully lined and come complete with tie backs and two cushion covers.

8. hdj80

hdj80 Member

We have the Thermo mats as well but did not take them on our first trip as the weather wasn't going to be that hot, but we found that the front ones would have been useful to stop the heat from the front wind screen even though it was not a hot weekend the sun through the front did heat the camper.

9. Helen Grimson

Helen Grimson Member

10. Helen Grimson

Helen Grimson Member

Happy to hear your trip went well!. We can't wait to get to that stage!

11. Helen Grimson

Helen Grimson Member

great info thanks

hdj80 likes this.
  12. Tasman

Tasman New Member

Thanks for posting that. I have done pretty much the same conversion as you (including the camperize roof). As soon as the roof was fitted I cut boards from what I had "just to get out and go camping" and of course two years later they are still in use, but they don't fit well in the recess (too many, too thick and too narrow). You just saved me some time and hassle. Good job by the way - nice bus.

hdj80 likes this.
  13. Mike faulkner

Mike faulkner New Member

Hey mate looks great thinking about this myself!

just wondering how these IKEA stuff has held up over time? Has any screws etc come loose?

Thanks!

hdj80 likes this.
  14. hdj80

hdj80 Member

It has been great no problems with ikea at all and has been on plenty of rough roads. The only thing I would do differently is that we got the fancy drawers that have the soft close, the mechanism takes up alot of room that you need in a camper also the draws when full would fly open, to stop that I have a piece of fibreglass tent pole that clips in at the floor to the bench against the front of the drawers.. not ideal but works, the other ikea optioned drawers may be better at staying closed. So keep in mind a method to stop that happening. The pantry just got a hinged clip.. I can send photos of these if needed.. so bottom line absolutely happy as with Ikea cabinetry. DO IT

15. Mike faulkner

Mike faulkner New Member

Awesome!

Thanks for the ideas and reply!

hdj80 likes this.
  16. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

How does your awning go with off-roading?

I just got a 3m x 3m awning and fitted to Van Cafe brackets and they seem good and strong and look like yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Are you doing Old Bar this year Peter? :rolleyes:

18. hdj80

hdj80 Member

I have the same but did but a 3rd bracket and never fitted it.. as once I fitted both those I felt it was more than enough. Having said that I did get lazy

19. hdj80

hdj80 Member

Not this year. I have been way too busy building a Cafe Racer for myself and the Syncro needs some love and attention before any long drives.. The South Coast is where we go.. You and your wife should come down with us sometime no 5 star for the mrs but nice and secluded at Hobart Beach