1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T3 Prices

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Luckyphil, Nov 5, 2017.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

###***
    Wonder how much I could flip my rather rusty dual cab for?? :rolleyes:

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Lots by the sound of it :D

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Usual story.
    Gotta find the idiot with no brains and easy cash.

Hopefully the flipper with the single gets stuck with it :D

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be true justice.

He is apparently a T4/ T5 loving Veedubber so the T3 ute is probably not his thing. But I am sure he could sell it for more than what he paid for it - just not $10k...but who knows?
    There are not many of them around and if someone desperately wants one - there are very few options out there.

5. Mike Marsh

Mike Marsh New Member

Thanks! As I spend a lot of time in Europe (I'm in Bulgaria at the moment) and they do free shipping to the UK where I also have a base, I could bring a VC back with me in my suitcase :) And take the old one back for my deposit return, on the next trip. €650 is about AU$1000, so *if* it's only that, I would definitely return it to original condition. I will see if my stepdad can shed any light on what was removed and what is "in the shed".

Barry likes this.
  6. Mike Marsh

Mike Marsh New Member

Cheers Nils, and Luckyphil.... like I said to syncro, I'll see if my (non mechanical) stepdad can shed any light, and let you know.

syncro likes this.
  7. Mike Marsh

Mike Marsh New Member

OK, so here we have an update from my stepdad: "The front driveshaft for the Kombi is here and that is all we got back from the VW man in Albany. He told us that the front diff was the problem and it would be very expensive to fix. He took off the front driveshaft and that is how it has been going for quite a while. " No specific reference to the VC - is it part of "the drive shaft" do you suppose?o_O

At least it was done in Albany - I had thought it was over in Victoria somewhere - so maybe I ca n find the guy who did it.

I'm reasonably mechanically competent though no Syncro buff, but it sounds to me that if the diff was cactus then removing the driveshaft wouldn't solve the problem - so maybe the VW man in Albany was using "diff"in the generic sense when talking to two old non technical customers? It seems anyway that I won't be able to get much further until it can be properly inspected. But he said the aircon hasn't worked for a while either, and when he had a look behind the panel the wiring was "like a power station" :eek: So with the front transmission issue, the aircon, and the seatbelts and compliance to be attended to, I'm thinking the $10k is a fair price. It's going to cost several thousand to get it up to scratch, even assuming a general tidy up is all it needs apart from the listed items above, and it seems to me they are worth somewhere in the high teens in good running nick but not restored and not kitted out as a camper. Thanks for the input and I will certainly keep you posted. :)

nils, David H and Barry like this.
  8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

The VC is in with the front diff. I agree with your opinion and suspect the VC has gone tight.

Most T3 air cons don't work.

Mike Marsh likes this.