T3 Rear Seat Belt mounting Position

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by beerboy, May 4, 2017.

1. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

Just looking to see if someone can confirm the seat belt in the rear uses the same bolt as the bracket for the rear seat back. picture may help lol

2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Lloyd
    If you do a search under my name you will find a post about the same thing.
    I changed my rear from C to GL and yes the seat belt is anchored there
    I posted some pics

My issue is it is a bitch getting all the brackets and stuff to align to bolt in

If you can't find to post I will put pics up when I get home

3. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

Thanks mate just looking for a bit of a confidence check. I have added an isofix child seat bar too. needless to say that's not quite in the right place. all fun :rolleyes:

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Do you have the "Z" bars?

5. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

6. hairyman

hairyman Active Member

I'm going through a similar process to Lloyd, wanting to add some rear seating for a bit more flexibility.

I got some seat belts but I can't see where the lower seatbelt mounts are. There are four captive nuts in the firewall so enough for the centre lap belt and the two buckles but where do you bolt the outer end of the two 3 point belts? Is there a captive nuts on the seat frame or is it on the body shell somewhere (so hidden behind a lining panel in my case)?

Also, where did you find the isofix bar? I haven't found any child restraint points on the rear deck yet so might need to fit something.

7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Child restraints are above the engine. (unless it is a panel)

I think that the lower seat belt mounts are behind the lining.

hairyman likes this.
  8. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

Mine share the bolt holes with the seat back. I can send a pic if you want as mine is all stripped out.

The isofix bar is from a ford in the uk. Dealer extra. 20 quid. Bolted in with plates. Not sure how legal. But I will probably use with top tether and lap belt too. Isofix is such a great idea. Child seat in my dad's car was brilliant. No top tether

9. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

yes top tether is behind seat on the engine. gowesty do sell a kit to attach through the roof locker and to the panel above the rear window. lots of discussion on the samba if you are that concerned

10. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Why reinvent the wheel?

11. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

They don't have the fixing above the engine. For the top tether that oz buses have. My crap kombi beats a westy. Lol

Grantus likes this.
  12. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Can find the tethers on the SC tray........pity, ideal place to tie down a child seat or baby capsule.

13. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Not fitted to SC, DC or panel vans. Only Kombis and Caravelles.

14. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

not my pic. shows the many holes lol

Attached Files:

• SB5.jpg
      SB5.jpg
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
    syncro and hairyman like this.
  15. hdj80

hdj80 Member

I removed my rear belts as the Syncro was registered as 2 seater only.. there was a huge piece of 75x75x6 rhs bolted across the back to the Syncro where the belts were mounted.. It was crazy as the silly thing was that it was on the inside of the car and there were 4 bolts and washers through the floor that supported this hunk of RHS. Why???? it has me wondering as the weight of the RHS alone in a crash would help the washers get pulled through the floor let alone 3 people in seat belts... the best way would have been a lighter piece of steel running accros the outside of the floor with bolts coming through to take the safety belts, would have saved 30kg of weight and be much safer that what was installed....

16. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

You have obviously not tried to get to the back of the metal piece where the seatbelts are mounted. access is difficult and there is sound insulation. only reason I can think of for such a crazy bush fix. don't be frightened of the welder lol