1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T3 TinTop Westfalia Conversion

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Hutchie, Aug 25, 2019.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Did you get dash vents you were chasing?

2. Hutchie

Hutchie Well-Known Member

Yup, still chasing swivel vents and passenger side opening 1/4 glass and frame.

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Have vents.
    Not perfect.
    Pm mobile number and I'll send photo.
    Yours for postage if just those.

Vent window.
    $150.

4. Hutchie

Pop top was finished today, turned out a treat, if the rest of the van comes out like this I will be pretty chuffed.

IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2542.JPG
    IMG_2546.JPG

grantw, Syncro27, TeeBee and 7 others like this.
  5. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Hutchie likes this.
  6. Hutchie

Thanks Phil, it did take a few hours on the end of my polisher with some cutting compound to make the colour really pop but it was well worth the effort

7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Noice.
    Good colour choice. ;)

Hutchie likes this.
  8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

That looks awesome! :)

9. David H

David H Well-Known Member

With the others Hutchie. THAT LOOKS AMAZING:D. Don't often think 'flake' adds more to the view but that's just perfect depth of the flake:D:D:D. Love it;). Great work done by someone amazing. LTC:).
    Cheers

10. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Wow,

Sensational colour and finish.

Cant wait to see it all painted and assembled!

11. grantw

grantw Active Member

That's fantastic!

12. Hutchie

I Finally picked up the van from the paint shop last week, it needs a good clean and final polish but should come up real nice. The plan was to spend some time putting everything back together over Christmas but as is the case in much of NSW we are currently in the middle of a bit of a Bushfire crisis. Two big fires to the South of Nowra have now joined into one BIG fire and it is slowly tracking North toward our property. Earlier today it was expected to jump the Shoalhaven River tonight and we are only 2Km from there, thankfully though some mild weather has now given us a reprieve and it looks like we can spend Christmas day in the house, it wont jump the river until Thurs/Fri. Whatever the case it is likely that we will be impacted by the fire in the next few days so with that in mind I made the decision to pack the van with every box, nut, bolt (yes Phil the PS kit) and have moved it down to a friends place where it should be safe. I'm hoping to get things moving again once this fire has moved on, and hopefully I will still have my workshop left to put it in.

Anyway here are some pics in the new paint scheme before she was shipped out. Happy Christmas to all

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG

onetrackwonder, grantw, SUTTO and 9 others like this.
  13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good luck avoiding the fires .

14. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Stay safe & hopefully you and your family will be ok. The van looks great & should be an impressive sight once finished.

15. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the fires but it looks sensational.

It actually looks like a couple of different colours in one of the photos (the rear corner shot) - probably just that smoky light playing tricks again.

16. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Survive to fight another day Hutchie & we hope you had a great safe Christmas. Sure looking good:).
    Cheers

17. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Looks sensational!

Sensible to be moving it to safer pastures.

What PMO, is that Tianjara fire started, on the Nerriga road, without any lightning strikes, or natural causes. :mad: :mad::mad:

It’s now burnt into and joined the Currawan fire, and is proving near impossible to contain. :(

I hope your house is considered “defendable”.

18. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

We're with you in spirit, go safe T3 brother.

Barry likes this.
  19. Hutchie

Thanks to all for good wishes. Little bit of rain overnight so hopefully that will slow things down a bit, nice still morning but very eerie with thick smoke all around and burnt leaves/ash on the ground

Happy Christmas Day volks.....

20. Hutchie

Well first we had bushfires and now a global pandemic. This build is taking some real hits. Oh well, self isolating has given me a chance get stuck into some wet sanding and polishing ahead of putting everything back together. It takes a bit of time to work through 1500 grit, 3000 grit, 5000 grit, then compounding, then polishing, but the results are worth every bit of effort. These images show the results after the compounding stage, there is still another 1 maybe 2 stages to go in order to remove the swirls and halos.

20200404-IMG_2759.jpg

20200404-IMG_2761.jpg

20200404-IMG_2765.jpg

I bought this off a guy for $300, 2002 Subaru Outback with EJ25. It had been rear ended but still runs pretty sweat ..... I have a plan !!

IMG_2757.JPG

Now for all of you KC members out there who were going to the Berry Blast ... yes it has been postponed ... but don't despair

In keeping with social distancing practices we have turned to social media

BLAST FROM THE PAST FACEBOOK PHOTO DAY...this Sunday 5th April
    ..in place of our Berry Blast from the Past which has been cancelled
    Even if you have to drag your favorite VW out of the shed....we would like to invite every member & other clubs members to post (onSun) a photo of their VW or VWs...even if the poor dub is feeling dusty & cheesed off for being neglected since cancellation of Blast & is still in the back of the shed...luckily you don't need to drive...pic can be in drive, front lawn, carport or back of garage or around the back of the house overgrown by foliage since "rain!" Please join in we all need to keep sane during these hard times

post your photos on the following FB page

2020 Berry Blast Virtual Page for VWs

https://www.facebook.com/2020-Berry...9466810712151/?ref=your_pages&hc_location=ufi