T3 Trakka conversion

Discussion in 'Camping Australia' started by kimosabi, Sep 17, 2016.

1. kimosabi

kimosabi Active Member

Hi All,
    recently picked up my T3 Trakka. The interior is in better shape than I thought so really wondering if I should bother giving it a "fabric" make-over" and new kitchen. A few question I need help with are:

Does anybody know where to look for the Trakka compliance plate? The previous owners had it simply registered as a van. When I went to Main Roads I didnt want to complicate things ( as I had'nt sighted a compliance plate) so simply ticked same boxes as previous owner. I need to get this sorted so I dont have insurance problems.

And.. VW hubcaps for a T3.. which ones fit?

Does the Kombiclub have a preferred insurer for camper vans? I used to get a really good rate when I was a member of a motor home club.

A few picks of WQQkie..

Love the full width bed .. most other VW vans i've seen seem to have the bed width compromised with cupboards up the side of the bed. The old bed fabric is in pretty good condition.. red curtains have to go!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Roof has some kind of air extractor. No wind noise but LOTS of road noise when driving. The only sound deadening on the floor is Astro turf !

[​IMG]
    Only a mother could love the look of this child..
    [​IMG]
    The previous owner was a bit of a tinkerer. He had fitted central locking and electric windows
    (out of a Jeep) and done a really good motor conversion - Subaru EJ20 so it gets along, and cruises really nice with the 5 speed box.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Trakka Compliance Plate - have you checked behind drivers seat or just above drivers footwell on the fresh air duct under the dash?:rolleyes:

No preferred insurer although a lot are with shannons although sometimes you have to call a couple of times to get someone who understands what a treasure you've got.;)

Interior - if it looks good and no tears then leave it and enjoy unless you want to change to make it more your style.:D

3. t4camper

t4camper Active Member

The roof air vent is part of the LP gas ventilation requirements.
    You could try CIL insurance, caravan and motor home rather than car insurance.

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

T2

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

And cheap hubcaps have cheap chrome that will rust very quickly.
    Protect them well or buy the good ones.
    ( or originals s/ h at meets)

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Ain't that the truth :rolleyes:

There's a guy down Grafton way who has/had a lot of T3's and parts named Roscoe ...... I'll need to find his phone number and send it to you ..... may be other things you're after he could have ;)