1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T3 Transport

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by peace_fam, Jan 5, 2011.

1. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

We're having trouble getting our new Kombi home :( We had a car transport organised last week but fell through due to Xmas holdups. We need to get our camper from Berwick, Vic to Bairnsdale. It runs well enough to drive onto a car transport. Does anyone know of an affordable transporter that can help us out? I'm very keen to get our new addition home!:p

2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I have to ask, isn't it just a 3 hour drive, or is the bus not capable of doing it under it's own power?:rolleyes:

3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

4. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

It's running on 3 cylinders with a suspected head issue. We bought it knowing that and don't want to risk further damage with a long trip. Hence the need for a transport......

5. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

You could always hire a tandem car trailer if you had a local friend that had a grunty 4WD such as a Toyota Landcruiser. Just a suggestion. Good luck with the "Wedge".

6. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

We have a Range Rover and can hire a trailer. I had a transport quote that cost less, keeping in mind fuel and trailer hire) without having to drive both ways. Only problem has ended up being timing. Looks like we'll need to do it this way. We're trying to avoid towing it ourselves if possible.