1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T4 Wave - Finally!

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by GypsyWannabe, Aug 29, 2011.

1. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

I finally got a T4 wave!!! :D

Since I traded my bay for the T4, I have often wondered if I did the right thing. Sure, the T4 is more reliable and it does a better job at most things (towing my boat for one) but it just didn't have the same feel as the bay. I certainly have missed the waves I enjoyed when driving the bay. :cry:

I'd wave at any VW van but only ever had a few returned and none from T4 drivers. My wife (who doesn't have the kombi love) just cringes when I wave and my excited wave soon degenerated to a half-raise of a finger from the steering wheel, if that. :umm:

Well, yesterday, on my drive home from Wisemans Ferry, I got a genuine, full hand in the air wave from the driver of a white T4! I lifted my whole hand off the wheel in return and, although my wife still cringed, she said, "Well, there you go!" I even think I got a wave from Golf driver a littel further down the road (but I could be imagining that...).

So my faith is restored, I will continue to wave at all other VW vans and I can rest a little happier in my choice of the T4. I may even spend a little time customising it, using some of the ideas I have seen in the huge T4 scene in the UK...

Life is good! :D

Baz

2. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

You might get more waves from Transit owners...lol
    Dave

3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Stop giving 'the finger'.

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

From the T3 waved at a bay a couple of weeks back and the bay driver got excited about ;) but then so did I to get a wave back.

5. Resol

Resol Active Member

I wave to most T4 and all T2's & 3's but dont get many back...:(

6. texmextiger

texmextiger New Member

Few stone-faced T3 drivers around here too....even beetle drivers (old and new) seem a little reluctant to show the love.

7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Persist. Its our job to educate other VW drivers to wave!

8. JEFFRO74CAMPER

JEFFRO74CAMPER New Member

where do you draw the line on VW waving?
    What year etc.............

Its just that recently, VW is dominating the roads with the modern things.
    Blitzing our TV screens with kooky cool ads.
    Companies are buying fleets of them for commercial use.......
    Theyre kinda trendy now & have featured on Top gear vs the hilux & got the thumbs up over the hilux........:eek:

So I think Id get a sore hand waving at VW's in Sydney now.:lol: Think I'll just stick with the kombis with waving.;)

9. GypsyWannabe

Please wave at me in my T4!!! :lol:

Baz

10. JEFFRO74CAMPER

Put one of the big old plastic chromed VW badges on it, the new ones are tiny & you only realise its a vw when too late to wave.

I can pick a bay kombi from a kilometer away without a badge or logo.

But your dub hard to pick, I did see ford transit mentioned, very similar..........is the engine in the front or rear?

Regards jeff
    71 1600 in a 74 bay camper.
    "the happyface bus"

11. GypsyWannabe

Good idea Jeff. Maybe I could fit a bonnet bra like this, or better yet, something similar in a vinyl wrap:

http://www.van-x.co.uk/vx-store-4/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_40&product_id=49

Baz

12. JEFFRO74CAMPER

Bonnet Bra T4

They look pretty cool.
    34 pound is reasonable, approx $80.00AUD.
    Prob $100.00 delivered from the old dart.:D

13. Necro

Necro Active Member

There is a bloke around the corner from work with a bay, I have waved to him often he just looks at me like an intelligent bovine. So I stopped waving but he still makes me grumpy. I think we should introduce the bird for the ignorant. And speed camera operators of course.

14. JEFFRO74CAMPER

kombi wave

Ive just recently got my "P's" in the happifacebus @36yrs of age:lol: , prior to that I had never driven a car in my life. Always motorcycles & outfits(sidecar).

So whilst on my "L's" & earlier in my "P's" was reluctant to take a hand off the wheel & wave when encountering a kombi wave........especially with my 3yr old daughter in the back.

So apologies to those that waved to a white bay camper, with blue pin striping & a happiface spare wheel cover.
    Not unfriendly, just used to handlebars in my hands instead of a wheel.:lol:

All good now.:D