1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tassie crew get together?? Kempton Festival 24th feb

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by 4hammers, Jan 25, 2008.

1. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All.
    OK, it is about time the Tassie crew pulled thier fingers out & had a get together. No If's, But's, maybe's or Probably's. Lets just do it. I need some FIRM numbers of who can come along & I will organise a big space on the oval for the day. This used to be a great day when I had my Holdens & can only imagine it being even better with a crew of kombis. I will endevour to bring 3 of mine & already have another 2 x Splits who are keen to do the day, so that is 5 already. Lets fill this oval up & let the car clubs know that the Kombi's are in town.

Kempton festival is a full on Country festival. They have garage sales all along the main drag & shops & stalls open everywhere. There are "Tug of wars", farm guy comps where they throw things with pitchforks (Not sure wtf that is called, but looked interesting), model displays etc.

Please add your names below if you are really keen. I will be paying out on those who say they will come & then pike out with some soft excuse..lol.

Lets do this Tassie Crew..

Rob J

2. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  3. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Rob,

I still have Doris - FC ute, modified blue/grey, still not back on the road. If I'm in Tassie I'll try and be there with Ruby.

4. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Awesome!
    Please excuse my feeble mind, but you are Graham, yes? Man, been too long since we caught up? I didn't realise it was you with Ruby!! I do suddenly have a vague recollection you PM'd me telling me who you were, but I am not sure if it is my extremely vivid imagination...lol
    You just gotta get that FC back on the road. That is one sweeeeet ride.

Would love to catch up again & talk about cars again :) Give me a PM at some stage & we can hook up down at my shed. I have beers there every thursday night. All welcome.

Regards,
    Rob J

5. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

We will be at the Festival, Rowena has a stall there selling her soap. I hope to have the Kombi going by then, put the new head on last night. When do you have know for sure Rob?
    Dave

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  6. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Stevie, we will at the Evandale fair the day before Kempton, going to free camp somewhere between the two. You are welcome too join us.
    Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  7. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

I'll give it some thought then. Very tempting.

8. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Yes Rob, that's me. I'll PM you and get location of your shed. Would love to come and have a yarn. Should be back in Hobart early next week - in Japan at the moment. Bloody chilly!

9. jman

jman New Member

Something better?

I heard that there was a car show on the same day as that. I'll find out details.
    Cheers, J

10. twium

twium New Member

frenchie will be there !

count on me too, and I need some crew to push (park) the kombi backwards !

11. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

LOL...yup, we will be there for you mate :)

Rob J

12. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Hi Rob
    just got back on line after computer decided to take a holiday and I also couldn't remember my password...brain drain.....yep we will try and be there as a friend has asked me to go halves in a stall it will be great to see as many of the Tassie crew that can make it
    cheers
    Kaye

13. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Ruby has to go in for some minor surgary on the 20th, she should be a little better in the steering department, thereafter, and hopefully she will be fit and well for the 24th sojourn to Kempton.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  14. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All,
    Well, not the response I had hoped for, but we have 2 definates & 3 maybes. I have been in contact with the festival organisation & they would be very happy to see us arrive. I suggested making this an annual event. i.e. "The Kempton Kombi Konnection" & mentioned that given enough notice, we would have more chance to increase the numbers for next year. They were stoked.

OK, so what I am asking, is some sort of firm commitment, that you WILL be there, so I can reserve the spaces on the oval. I would hate to be blowing the trumpet about the Kombi Club, only to have 6 buses show up....3 of them being mine...

This is the chance to start something big in the Tassie Kombi scene, so get involved & be part of it. I will give it to Friday to get some firm numbers, or drop the plans.

Get involved, sign up now :)

Rob

15. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

We are going to Kempton!!!

Maggie will be there for sure now that she is going, we will be camping problerly at Ross the night before. I really looking forward to this and meeting more KC people so come on everybody get behind Rob and support this get together.
    Dave

16. roqsta

roqsta Member

Sounds like you guys have a hoot. I was in tassie last week and i saw loads of buses. Cant wait to get out of brisbane and bring my lowlight down for keeps. Just got to find a job in Hobart first!
    paul
    PS i was in evendale yesterday and I caught a fat little trout in the Maquarie! I love Tasmania!!

17. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

count on us to be there Rob really looking forward to seeing everyone again
    now where are we meeting and what time???
    cheers
    Kaye and Rex

18. bazman

bazman New Member

Kempton for sure Bazman

Sounds like lots of fun! we will be there Barry, Tracey &Lizzie

19. Shifter

Shifter New Member

If Ruby is out of surgary, we are going to overnight at Ross or somewhere similar and down to Kempton on Sunday morning. What time and where at Kempton??

20. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Rob
    Are we going?
    Dave