Tassie crew get together?? Kempton Festival 24th feb

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by 4hammers, Jan 25, 2008.

1. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Excellent. Yes Dave, we are going :) I will contact the organisers on Monday & confirm we will be there with a few buses. I think this will be the start of a big annual event down here. I was encouraging them to advertise next years as a Kombi get togerher as well. They were very receptive of the idea. Anyway, I will post exact meeting & leaving details tomorrow.

Great job everyone :)

Rob J

2. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All,
    OK, lets lock in a departure location & Time. Cenotaph at 9am. Not too early & we will be there (Kempton) before the events start & there should be some good pickings left at the garage sales aswell.

See you there.

Rob J

3. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

ok we will be there
    cheers
    Kaye

4. heartland

heartland New Member

Hi Guys haven't responded as yet for two reasons:

1. Didn't know if we would have Big Ted back or not

2. Wasn't sure if we had to work or not.

Turns out that 1. we have got Big Ted back Tony came home in him on Monday but 2. We are working.

Sometimes the planets just don't align. Hope you all have a great day and a safe Convoy!

5. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

We are all going to Kempton, Are you coming too, We are all going to kempton, There is a heap of things to do.
    We have booked into the Ross caravan park for saturday night, so will see you all there. I think Rowena needs to be there at 8 o'clock to set her stall up.
    Dave

6. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Ruby has her "bits" seen to tomorrow and should be back with us by the weekend. We intend to go up to Ross - or somewhere on Sat night and drive down to Kempton on Sunday morning. hopefully see you there. might catch you in Ross - Dave.

7. jman

jman New Member

Sorry

I won't make it to Kempton unless i find a Good fuel tank today or tomorrow.
    I've got a hole in my tank and I'm not happy about it.
    Cheers,J

8. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Ruby is now back at home and fully recovered. Looking forward to the trip to Kempton.

9. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

I won't be able to make it unfortunately. Relatives over from the big island. Hope everyone has a good day.

Cheers,

Paul

10. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Sorry to hear so many of you won't be able to make Kempton...who is going..we are..who else????

cheers
    Kaye

11. Shifter

Shifter New Member

We will be there - probably going to stay at Ross or somewhere on Sat night and drive down to Kempton on Sunday morning.

12. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

great will be nice to get to meet you
    looking forward to the day should be alot of fun
    cheers
    Kaye

13. jman

jman New Member

Wait up!

I still might make it! I'm pulling engine out tonight. Picking up another tank Friday. Should have it slapped back together and running in no time.
    I may have to put off install of Big bore kit though. Next time.
    Cheers, J
    Seeya'll There.

14. aratas

aratas New Member

And there is one less than 2 kms away from you jman. You need to ask mate!!
    Andrew :)

15. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Are going to Kempton Andrew?
    Dave

16. Saggas

Saggas New Member

hey.
    sounds like a fun day.
    would love to go. but have alot of things on this sunday as uni goes back monday.
    catch up with the crew soon for a coffee or beer.

17. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All,
    Well I spoke to the head honcho in charge of the cars (Hadn't been able to get hold of him before then) & would say at best, I got a lukewarm reception. :(
    Seems he is of the opinion, a crappy old HR Holden has more right to a position on the oval that a Kombi. I was told we could park our buses up the back behind the oval, not on the oval. As the Holden car club MIGHT be coming. I asked what the ground was like up there & he said "I don't know". When asked about the Festival Parade, I was told only 2 buses could go in the parade, as he wouldn't want anymore than that in it (Kombis that is).
    I did point out to him that the people I had spoken to previuosly had been very receptive of the idea & that each bus would be likely to bring up to 5 people. So there would be a big boost in numbers. He didn't seem to see the benefits....

To be honest, I am very disappointed with the reception I got. After the other people being so positive, this guy was at best tolerant.

Bearing this in mind, I am calling it off (The Run to Kempton) & will endevour to get something else up & running ASAP. I apologise for this, but there is no way I am interested in making the effort to boost an event lik that, when we are going to be given the arse end of a dirty cark park, when all others are allowed to park on the oval.

I will PM each of the people who have expressed interest & link to this.

Maybe we could still do something? A run down to Huon or the Channel? Any fast ideas??

Rob J.........a very angry Rob J

18. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Bugger! Anyway, made arangements now so will probably go up for a look see in any event. Maybe I should tow the FC up as well and get in under disguise?!! lol. Weather is not looking that flash - 15 and showers!

19. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

We are going anyway, might see some of there.
    Dave

20. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

How about the Campbell Town Show on the 31st May and 1st of June. This is a great little show (They have a Smithfield dog show and I used to enter our Smithie).

Nice bit of lead in time to clear the calendar, and closer to NW for our coastal comrades.

I'd be happy to help with the organising.

Cheers,

Paul