Tassie crew get together?? Kempton Festival 24th feb

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by 4hammers, Jan 25, 2008.

1. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Guys,
    If you all still want to go, that's great. You can still leave from the same place & time & head up. But I am not going to go. I had both my Splits sorted (Driver booked for Nev), but if we are gonna be stuck in a paddock, the furthest possible place away from the event. I am not keen on having to do another detail on each bus just for that privilege. I expected this guy to be welcoming, but he just wasn't interested. How can someone justify holding a spot on an oval for a car club that more than likely isn't going (I know they aren't) & not let the Kombis on?? & to say (& this is a direct quote) "There would be nothing worse than 20 Kombis in the car parade....". Grrrrr

Great idea Paul.
    If you want to get some info, we can start the ball rolling. That is part of the reason I thought Kempton may be good, as it was at least some of the way up to road to the North. I was considering maybe Ross at some stage also. But Campbelltown is good.

Rob J

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

I'll find out who the organisers are then and see if they are interested in having a kavalkade of kombis.

All those interested in the Campbell Town Show say 'i'

3. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Excellent.

I...

4. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Bugger and bum to think they want of all things holdens at their festival how dare they..we are still going as we were before Rob suggested this so maybe we will see some of you up there...holdens...pth

cheers
    Kaye
    Campbelltown sounds good

5. aratas

aratas New Member

I dont have a registered kombi at the moment. The GTI might look out of place up there! The V8s are on TV as well.
    More Holdens and Fords Kay!!!! :)

6. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Go Fords...Rex has been glued to the Tellie all day FORDS..1 2 3
    if it can't be a Kombi let it be a Ford

7. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All,
    So how did it go? I was up at 7am for Rowing training & it was wet, windy & DAMN COLD. Snow on the mountain too :) I would more than likely have piked out even if that fella hadn't pissed me off, but keen to hear how the day went for those brave enough to make the trek.

Rob J

8. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

We were there all day, It didn't rain but boy was it windy and cold. Feeling quite wind burnt. I slept in my swag last while Rowena and the kids keep warn in Maggie.
    [​IMG]
    There were only about 10 cars on display on the outside of the oval. The oval seemed to be used for events like dogs chasing sheep etc.
    There would have been plenty of room for all of us, and I didn't see anyone else from KC and our stall for near the main entrance with Maggie parked right there.
    Hope to catch up soon.
    Dave

9. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Dave,

Who's was the orange and white microbus close by?

Looks nice!

10. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

That looks like a mate of mine. Kieth is his name. Didn't think he was gonna go, but maybe he decided to make to trek.

Rob J

11. Shifter

Shifter New Member

We took Ruby up there - geez it was windy. Parked in the main road and just had a brief walk through - didn't actually go in to the arena. Saw Maggie and another bay from the road. Then drove back to Hobart, even more wind.

12. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

We didn't go not only for the weather factor but I was so looking forward to having a kombi day that I decided to boycot it..they got their just desserts(felt sorry for the stall holders)...looking forward to the next kombi day out...so where is it and when???????
    cheers
    Kaye

13. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Just thought I place another picture
    [​IMG]
    Maggie and Friend at Ross
    It was great driving down to Kempton together.
    Dave

14. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Dave,
    Where did you get Maggies' eyebrows from??? They look superb!

15. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

from roy
    dave

16. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Emailed the Campbell Town Show people but no response after a week. Will try contacting someone else tomorrow.

Cheers

Paul