TASSIE GET TOGETHER - SUNDAY APRIL 6th

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by heartland, Mar 16, 2008.

1. heartland

heartland New Member

Hi Tassie Members I have received a PM from member Golfy (Lynne and Paul) who will be traveling to Tassie after Eden - I met them both at Lorraine and Andy's in Nimbin on our Christmas trip and they are keen as mustard to meet up with some Tassie Kombi Clubber's - so who's in?

Any suggestions of where to go to show of our great State would be cool - they are spending some time up North before they come down South - I was thinking maybe the Waterworks for a BBQ or Risdon Brook Dam - or either further afield - Mt Field maybe - who's got some ideas?

It would be great if we could have a huge get together as Qld where they are from is always pumping on the Kombi Club Scene!

Suggestions Welcome :)

2. Shifter

Shifter New Member

6th April might prove difficult for me - trials on a big cat!

3. heartland

heartland New Member

Bump :) Where are all you Taswegians? I know Stevie and Dave are on their way to Eden.

4. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

game on, anywhere is good with me!

5. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Mt Field, Waterworks, Risdon. That's a bit further afield than I normally contemplate for a Sunday drive.

6. Joels73 Panel

Joels73 Panel Active Member

I'd love to come :)... Just a tad bit difficult to get a license at 14 lol

7. Golfy

Golfy Member

Trip in Tassie

Hi! Jane, Thanks for organizing a trip for us on the 6th April, that will be great, we love it over their. Been over four times before but their still a lot more to see. I was looking on last night where members had posted picture and we would never find places like that. We are going to Sumerset first to see some friends then Launchester to see more then we will head to Hobart and would like to catch up with as many kc members as we can. Hey Shifter if you where talking about a boat when you said cat don't mention about it when Paul's around as he loves them, he was brought up on a boat and we did racing when we were in England travelled all over the country. had a couple of boats out here the last one was a speed boat did'nt like that one much so sold it, but he keeps saying one day he will buy another but i think the kombi has taken over now. Well hope to catch up with thoes who are coming over to Eden. Jane there's another chap coming over with us called Glen so he will also come that weekend as far as I know at the moment.
    Good luck to you all for Easter.
    Lynn (golfy)

8. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi,
    I would love to meet up with you guys, but I am at Lake Barrington for a rowing regatta. How long you down for? Maybe following weekend if we cant get enough takers??

Rob J

9. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Hey Shifter if you where talking about a boat when you said cat don't mention about it when Paul's around as he loves them, he was brought up on a boat and we did racing when we were in England travelled all over the country. had a couple of boats out here the last one was a speed boat did'nt like that one much so sold it, but he keeps saying one day he will buy another but i think the kombi has taken over now.

Golfy, I'm not talking pleasure boats - unfortunately. This is 112 m of the best aluminium built Fast Craft (high speed catamaran) in the world, with NO exceptions. We will probably be on trials 5th & 6th of April - all being well. If anyone is around and about the Derwent you will probably see part of the specticle.

10. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Hi Jane if I don't have a party to do we will be in it hope all is well on the home front
    cheers
    Kaye

11. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Dave and Stevie here, sounds good to us. Mt Field would be great.

12. 1963 Empi Radar

1963 Empi Radar New Member

Mt Field! I was up ther today picking up Wilson, great spot! But what about something in the north Eastern area?

13. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

i agree will, the north east would also make it a more equal travelling distance for us - paul would you be keen? mt field is still okay with me, just means i'd have to fill up slightly more often with a leaky fuel pump seal.

14. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  15. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Jane,
    Have we decided on a location? I just need to get Maggie running well again, she is a little sick after her Eden trip.
    Dave

16. Shifter

Shifter New Member

What's the problem Dave, need any help??

17. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

She is running rough and won't idle, goes ok as long as I go flat out. I was going to have a look today only now is raining. Could be a lot of things, I was going to give her a full tune up and see what happens.
    Dave

18. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

I'd love to come, but guna be away.

TassieDave, i had similar problems with mine, alot can be due to cold weather and the engine not warming up as quick, but a good tune up and warm up before driving should get rid of most the problems. hope that helps some. :)

Leigh

19. heartland

heartland New Member

I was leaning towards National Park - what do others think?

20. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Jane,

Which one??? Mount Field??