TASSIE GET TOGETHER - SUNDAY APRIL 6th

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by heartland, Mar 16, 2008.

1. heartland

heartland New Member

Whoops yep that was what I meant - sound like a plan do you think?

2. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Like previous post, if I'm available I'll see that Ruby South is there. Probably a little far for our Northern breatheren to come?

3. heartland

heartland New Member

Lynne and Paul won't be here at that time - I'm keen to do that as well Paul but would like to see if we can get some Tassie Members together for the 6th April when they will be around.

If someone would like to make another suggestion on place that is cool.

Paul and Lynne are now up in the North of the State and if anyone up that way would like their number to get in contact PM me for it.

Come on guys lets get together for to greet one our Qld Members.

4. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Yeah sorry, just bringing it to peoples attention. I can't say that the response to the CP Show as a KC event has been overwhelming.

I'd come down on the 6th but I just have too much on at the moment with the builders working on our house and being temporarily lodged at my mum and dads.

I hope you guys have a great day whatever you do.

5. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

hi guys,

what is the best way to get to mount field from launceston? according to google maps it looks like you basically drive to hobart then take a hard left?

6. heartland

heartland New Member

Lynne and Paul phoned me Sunday Night and are keen to go to Mount Field - who's coming? Will we just meet there or convoy up?

7. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hey All,
    COME ON!! Lets get this rolling. I am not able to make it myself, as I am at a rowing regatta at Lake barrington, but strongly recommend the Autumn drive to Mount field. It may be a little early, but I do this EVERY year. There is NOTHING as beautiful as the poplar tree leaves falling from the trees on the side of the road & the beautiful colours of the autumn leaves.....& that is just on the trip up. Once you get there, an open fire, great walks & cool Kombi company.
    Please everyone, give our mianland brethren a Tassie welcome.
    I wish i could...

Rob J

8. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Don't think I'll be able to make it - be on trials hooning around Fredrick Henry Bay at 40 + knots. Maybe next time, or if trials are cancelled for some reason. Enjoy!

9. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

convoy, please! roger and i have never taken part in a konvoy and i think it's due time. if it is a go ahead could the meet-up place be somewhere easy to find for a non-hobartian :p

10. heartland

heartland New Member

At this stage I think Lynne and Paul will just be meeting us at Mt Field they are coming from Launceston too! I could PM you there number and you could convoy with them and another Kombi coming from that way - so at least that would be three of you. After we have lunch etc I suggest we go for a convoy then to New Norfolk for afternoon tea - there is a Festival on there that weekend.

11. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

I am keen Jane, it will only be Mickey and Me.
    Dave

12. heartland

heartland New Member

Excellent Dave - sent you a PM.

13. Tassiedave

Tassiedave New Member

Come on Tassie members, I know there are quite a few new people out there, lets all cruise up Mt Field together and have a great day around BBQ lunch cooked on a fire.
    Dave

14. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Don't know if I can make it. I'd like to, but its very probable I could be working. See how it goes closer to the day.

15. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

that would be great if i could get their number thanks jane, much appreciated. festival sounds like fun!

16. pinkscrapbooker

pinkscrapbooker New Member

Another to try to come along

Depending if we can get the front seats fixed in time so we can drive her, this would be great for Milly's first proper trip, so you might have another taker for lunch.

Adrian, Tammy and family

17. heartland

heartland New Member

Ok we seem to be getting some numbers happening - no firm plans as yet to convoy up but if someone would like to make a suggestion let me know - Lynne and Paul are hoping to be down this way tomorrow afternoon and would like to drive up with some Hobart people.

18. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

glen and i are making our way from launceston tomorrow morning - approximately what time are you thinking of getting there/meeting up jane? i'm happy to meet anywhere and i can let glen know of the arrangements to drive to mt field, otherwise we'll meet you guys at the park.

19. heartland

heartland New Member

Yeah it's all happening - we were thinking of leaving Hobart at around 10am and cruising up - my hubby is working late tonight - otherwise we would think about leaving earlier.

Lynne and Paul and TassieDave are going to call me this afternoon to make definite plans - I will post again this evening if you would like to check again or PM me your mobile number and I will text you the time.

Don't forget everyone Clocks go back an hour tonight!

20. 1963 Empi Radar

1963 Empi Radar New Member

Id love to come but sadly cant make it. Have fun everyone and hope to do it next time!!!