TASSIE GET TOGETHER - SUNDAY APRIL 6th

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by heartland, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

A Fantastic Day Out

Thanks to all the Kombiclub members who we met today at Mt Field. It was so cool to meet everyone (especially Ben (puttputtputt) who came from Launie for the day (over 6 hours round trip), and the visitiors from interstate) and share the day with other people and their beloved Kombis. Our Milly shone all the way there and back.

We must organise another day in the near future. But where?

Regards Adrian, Tammy and Family

2. heartland

heartland New Member

Hi Adrian and Tammy, it was so nice to meet both you and your children - It seemed like Milly went like a dream from what we saw on the road - that must have made you chuffed.

Wasn't it great that Ben made the trek down for the day - good effort and top bloke - loved his arm chair in the van!

Lynne and Paul decided to camp there for the night with Glen (who also came down from Launceston and is traveling around Tassie).

The paint job on Maggie (TassieDave's) always makes me smile - on the way home he was in front of us and every time he turned a corner I cracked up as the rainbow and flowers blinked at me in the sun.

We also saw and met the English guys traveling together that StevieVW saw on the Spirit of Tas last week - I can't believe they brought there camper with them.
    They are hoping to join the forums soon - so look out for them too.

Photos - I will post some soon when Tony downloads the photos. (It's a new whizz bang camera that he uses for work so I no touchy!)

3. heartland

heartland New Member

I forgot to add that I was the only one who had the misfortune after our walk to sit down and have pointed out to me I had a leech on my leg - oh my goodness - a few others quickly checked their legs but no just me!

4. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Jane & Co,

So glad you all had a great day.

Sorry we couldn't make it and meet up with you all. Looking forward to pics soon.

5. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Hi All
    so glad you had a great day and we were so very sorry to have missed it me thinks we will have to get together soon even if I have to find a driving Miss Lily person and put Rex in the back of Lily, having serious kombi withdrawals

cheers
    Kaye