Tassie to bus stop and beyond..... suggestions appreciated

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by vwfreak03, Feb 26, 2013.

1. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Making the most of going to bus stop and have taken just over a month off. Haven not done much sightseeing on the mainland I would appreciate your help in giving advice for local sites /attractions to see along the way...

So far have booked.....

Dev-mel 14/3
    albury 15/3
    canberra 16/3-18/3
    bateau bay 19/3
    croffs harbour 20-23/3
    bus stop camp site 24/3-1/4.......plenty of time for theme parks ect
    Catch the boat back on 15/4..... so plenty of spare time

If anybody has any suggestions or would like to catch up along the way......post up...lol

2. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

You have the right idea, you are taking your time. Best Idea! Too many rush on their trips. You have planned time to enjoy your locations, check them out etc rather than rush so you have my plaudits! By comparison, Alice and I are planning six days from Melbourne to the Gold Coast and to us that is a slow pleasant cruise compared to previous years. So enjoy it!

4. kerrikom

kerrikom New Member

Van housing we may see you on the way (too fast for us VW freak , we're leavingon the boat on the 21st). Though our destination is actually the bluesfest, I'm starting to think we are destined to turn up at the busstop.

We've been saying for years we'd love to go to a bus stop, and without even looking at where it was this year we realise we'll be travelling 1600km and only be 70kms away!! Our kombi has been 'resting' for over 5 years now (after a trip around Aus we wanted to pull it apart to work on the rusty bits) and planets have aligned to have it all back togther for this trip.

and Saturday at the blues fest seems to be the most uninteresting night for us.... with not much kicking off till well after 2pm on Sunday.

watch out for Kerrikom! :)

5. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

That sounds like a plan! The Saturday night is the party night (okay they all are! but that is the special night) so if you are able to come down on the Saturday then you can park next to us at site 11 if you cannot get your own site. The map shows we have no neighbours on three sides. :)

So yes make the effort, is only an hour or so away so join us!

6. kerrikom

kerrikom New Member

We may just see you there !

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That would be good, perfect opportunity.

8. kerrikom

kerrikom New Member

Is your offer still up for some space on your site for the Saturday? the park only takes bookings for 3 night stays for camping and we have decded we will definitely be coming up on the Sat night now.

Cheers,

Jen and Eli.

9. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

We are here at last after a little problem with a fuel pump

had to get a new elec one fitted at coffs and used the service map to find a good vw mech...very happy

got a week to have a good look around before every body else arrives

can't wait 

great camp site and love the pool/BBQ/bar area

great job by the organizes for finding this site...bottle shop/super market and take aways within walking distance

10. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

If you want to catch up over the next few days let me know...I live about 15 mins from the park