1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Templates for internal panels on ‘76 Kombi

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Jako, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Jako

Jako New Member

Hello everyone!

I’m really appreciating your help with everything. And now I have another question...

I am a carpenter and look forward to working on the internal fit out of my van... To make things a bit easier, are there any templates on paper / card I could use to make the internal panels? They have all been taken out so I’d like to reinstate using 3.5mm Marine Ply and a coat of varnish!

I’m also going to take the opportunity to do some sound proofing!

I’ve seen the templates on JKA but would rather do it myself using my chosen materials as I’ll also make the cabinets using Marine Ply...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jake

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

PICT likes this.
  3. PICT

PICT Member

As a carpenter this will be your easiest and cheapest way, i'm no carpenter and am not daunted in any way in making up panels

4. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

I’ve done all my replacement pannels just by tracing old ones onto a sheet of ply and guesstimating the bits that were missing and then cut out with a jigsaw.

Cover in chosen material and fit up. The worst but was drilling the holes for the clips