12 months ago I purchased the dearest door seals I could find, thinking they would be a good fit (mistake number 1). They had all the corner moulds nicely formed and when trial fitted to the door they were the correct size. I should have checked them against the original seals but they were binned years earlier when I stripped Blitz ready for blasting (mistake number 2). Because the original seal had let go at the front part of the door I glued the new seal in with poly urethane adhesive (mistake number 3). When I closed the door it stood proud of the rest of the panel work because of the greater thickness of the new seals so I adjusted the striker plates in as far as I could and still slam the door shut. I left it for 12 months while I got on with the rest of the resto thinking the seals would settle in (mistake number 4) So now that I’m driving the Kombi around the seals are giving me the shits. So I did something about it. I removed the passenger door seal (mistake number 5) and realised that the poly urethane (which held the seal no problems) didn’t hold them any harder than contact cement. The same can’t be said for the paint in the channels that the glue was attached to. It pulled the paint in some places when scraped. So rub it, prep it, prime and paint the areas with 2 pack and a brush. Now to start over. Bought the cheapest seals I could. Trial fitted, they’re too long! But I,ve got a plan The original expensive seals came off in one piece. All the corners were moulded and super glued to the rest of the seal. I was determined to find what part of the seal makes the door stand outside its alignment. I suspected the moulding top and bottom of the back part of the door so removed them with a razor blade and trial fitted the seal (taped on). They don’t cause the problem. I removed the strip along the back section of the door and the door still stuck out. Turns out it’s the lower seal between the front and back part of the door. On close inspection I found there was no room for that type of seal when the door was closed so it bunched up and compressed as much as it could but obviously not enough (I could see where the seal was starting to be damaged along its edge). I used super glue (gel type) and put the seal back together except for the bottom runner. I used the front section (along the front of the door) even though it was a bit thick and made the door a little “springy” (nowhere near as much as before) because the cheapy seal was much thicker in that area specially the bottom front corner. This time I used contact cement to glue in (masked it up and sprayed it in.